Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My great Auntie died on Christmas day and we had the funeral/wake a couple weeks ago, the wake didnt feel awkward or anything like that, my cousin had organized everything at their place and felt like a normal family gathering, plenty of alcohol and food supplied
Hmmm, that is odd. Mine died on Christmas Day as well and i think i may recognise your username.....

Ive only been to a handful of funerals and most have been grandparents of family members who have had cancer or long term illness so no shock funerals.

Each time we have gone back to someones house and had a few beers and its good to get together with family. As they were not shock funerals no-one was really too sombre and soon enough you are all talking about the person who died in a positive/fun manner. Does wonders I reckon.

I don't go back to wakes of those I didn't really know or not close to as it would be weird as you don't have that connection with people to not feel awkward.

I wish ppl would tell the truth at funerals- suddenly everyone is mother teresa when they die ffs.

Go up, say how much i was a stubborn bitch, idc.

There was a QI episode years ago that talked about obituary codes used to smooth over that very thing.

This forum (The UK cycling equivalent of BF?) captures it with a few additions:
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=64811.0

-----

I still remember the disjointed feeling of my first attended wake. It was my Grandmothers - she was old and sick, and whilst she went downhill quickly at the end, it was hardly a surprise. I struggled to process the people who were very visibly distressed, etc. at the funeral and were joking and laughing raucously mere hours later at the wake.

I've since learned that people are complicated and have very different coping mechanisms. I envy their ability to do that.

Just had a deaf lady walk into work, had me a card saying "dont worry ive been deaf from childbirth" and a cheat sheet with the alphabet sign language, i look at her a little confused, she then proceeds to rip it out of my hand and stormed off o_O
Hahahah inconsiderate campaigner

You starting out as well?

One week drive well, everything else rubbish

Next week play irons well, everything else rubbish

Next week play greens well, everything else rubbish

Repeat and rinse

Yesterday 7 over after 9
Today 10000 over after 9

I heard today via the tweeter that there's a thing where blokes don't like carrying empty bags through the shopping center enroute to Coleworths. So they just keep buying more bags.
o_O
Is this really a thing?
I like a short logistical tail* as much as the next bloke, but grabbing a couple of green bags for the walk to the 'market is automatic. Even if I'm going to have a quick ponce in a cafe beforehand.

* If it doesn't fit in my pockets, then it's not going.

ETA Sauce

Last edited:
I heard today via the tweeter that there's a thing where blokes don't like carrying empty bags through the shopping center enroute to Coleworths. So they just keep buying more bags.
o_O
Is this really a thing?
I like a short logistical tail* as much as the next bloke, but grabbing a couple of green bags for the walk to the 'market is automatic. Even if I'm going to have a quick ponce in a cafe beforehand.

****ed if I can ever remember to bring them if it’s not my priority to do just the grocery shop that day

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

o_O
Is this really a thing?

no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****** if I can ever remember to bring them if it’s not my priority to do just the grocery shop that day
Yeah - don't mean forgetting - I do that plenty too. Even when it's the sole focus of the trip. :drunk:

I'm talking about deliberately not taking them and buying more because "You don't like carrying them through the shopping center".

Yeah - don't mean forgetting - I do that plenty too. Even when it's the sole focus of the trip. :drunk:

I'm talking about deliberately not taking them and buying more because "You don't like carrying them through the shopping center".
Never ever thought that. May have thought I couldnt be bothered but there isnt a specific reason

o_O
Is this really a thing?

ETA Sauce

i cant be arsed taking green bags, usually just buy plastic bags at the shops

did see a guy who should have green bags tonight at the shops, his plastic bag just split in half and all his groceries hit the ground

I just mug an old woman and grab hers as I walk in and grab a trolley
I just tell an old lady I will help her by taking her trolley to her car and loading it then run away with her shopping

I just tell an old lady I will help her by taking her trolley to her car and loading it then run away with her shopping

It's a good idea in theory, until your stuck eating Spreadable Pickles, Light Cruskits and Digestives until you can get back to the shops

I have good days and forgetful days. On the forgetful days I just put it all back in the trolley and unpack at the boot. Previously the thought of doing this would of been ludicrous but now when I look around, I see I’m not alone

I have bags in the car. I never remember them. Ever. Then I get annoyed and pack my trolley, pack into bags in the car . Return trolley. Rinse and repeat.

My coles switched to coin operated trolleys. Since that day i refuse to get one- will just make do with a basket and just buy less cause i can only buy what i can carry.

So we are now what 6 months into no bags at supermarkets yeh?
I have about 6-7 of the 99c ones I have used maybe 15 times each. But I have bought a few packets of bin liners for rubbish in that time (which I never did in previous 25 years).
Am I doing it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back