Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

perthblue

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
in this instance they have a connection to Thor, not quite the same

also most of the people that whinge about it aren't giving the club any money out of their own pockets either
lol 'they have a connection with Thor' I mean get real. The connection is $$$$ which was my point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perthblue

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
You don't think Chris Hemsworth being a die hard Doggies supporter had anything to do with the Thor jumper? Or the Dogs playing home games at Marvel? Or the AFL wanting to be bigger in America?
A hollywood actor being a fan is an even dumber reason than sponsors. The last 2 come down to money.
I really do not see the mystery behind why dogs fans are miffed at this butt ugly jumper.

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #5,408
A hollywood actor being a fan is an even dumber reason than sponsors. The last 2 come down to money.
I really do not see the mystery behind why dogs fans are miffed at this butt ugly jumper.
Yeah it's dumb to have the team Thor goes for wear the Thor jumper.... should have got them in an Iron Man top instead that would have made more sense.......

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #5,411
Ok you're obviously trolling. Good day!
I'm really not. It makes perfect sense to a marketing team to leverage that relationship if someone is willing to pay them to do it.

I never said money wasn't involved I said it makes sense when you look at the Marvel connection to the AFL and Hemsworth's connection to the Doggies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perthblue

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
I'm really not. It makes perfect sense to a marketing team to leverage that relationship if someone is willing to pay them to do it.

I never said money wasn't involved I said it makes sense when you look at the Marvel connection to the AFL and Hemsworth's connection to the Doggies
I said Good Day!

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Gold Coast should get a superhero jumper because as shit as it is it will be better than what they have.

I can also hear rumblings from the Hawthorn marketing dept feeling threatened about the 'worst jumper everrrr' mantle being up for grabs. They worked hard on that power ranger design.

Gough

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moderator #5,421
Gold Coast should get a superhero jumper because as shit as it is it will be better than what they have.

I can also hear rumblings from the Hawthorn marketing dept feeling threatened about the 'worst jumper everrrr' mantle being up for grabs. They worked hard on that power ranger design.
When your palette consists of yellow and brown two colours not regularly seen together outside a Hawthorn guernsey since the mid 1970s I think we've got most bases covered.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
When your palette consists of yellow and brown two colours not regularly seen together outside a Hawthorn guernsey since the mid 1970s I think we've got most bases covered.
I 'like' the main Hawthorn jumper. It's a horrible colour scheme but it is clearly identifiable. You don't see someone in a brown/gold vertical striped jumper and wonder who they go for, you know that is Hawthorn.

When it comes to any alternative design your lot come up with some real doozies.

Top Bottom