Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just walked into library at Uni. I thought I saw a group of 50+ year old women sitting around a table, upon approaching it turns out they are probably only in their mid 20's yet have dressed horribly. Why do they need to dress like grandmas?
Because they are continually told to stop dressing like sluts?

below video. can any old folk confirm the turning the glass upside down for a fight?

Can confirm, but it's pretty old school.
Coincidentally, one of those blokes was my late Uncle.

I always thought laying it on it's side meant you were finished as in you don't want another one.

Yep.

People find Charlotte Flair attractive ?

djtj2oR.png

She's plastic, the hair extensions make her out to be a drowned rat AND she looks like she's been smacked in the head with a frying pan

Yes, and laying it on its side means your shouting the bar
My memory was the glass on its side meant you were finished. In the days where you stood at the bar and drank, leave your money on the bar, and the barman would just keep filling up the same glass

This is the what they had hanging up in the hotel I stayed at last night. 20190421_094406.jpg

Can someone explain how this can possibly be considered art?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the what they had hanging up in the hotel I stayed at last night. View attachment 659315

Can someone explain how this can possibly be considered art?

Looks like a print of a Rothko.

It’s obviously not for everyone, but I love his work. You might love staring at a painting of a meadow, I can look at this and get the same feeling. The subtlety of the fields of colour, balance and composition are beautiful. Not only that but this is an entirely human creation, not simply a copy of nature or narrative. Believe it or not a painting like this is also incredibly difficult to make ... at least in a way that achieves this result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like a print of a Rothko.

It’s obviously not for everyone, but I love his work. You might love staring at a painting of a meadow, I can look at this and get the same feeling. The subtlety of the fields of colour, balance and composition are beautiful. Not only that but this is an entirely human creation, not simply a copy of nature or narrative. Believe it or not a painting like this is also incredibly difficult to make ... at least in a way that achieves this result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The way he's holding her. It's almost.. filthy.

Aside from him receiving adequate compensation for his songwriting contributions (which I have no doubt that he has), what more should he get? He's chosen to not be a part of the current incarnation of the band (he was never kicked out or left out), and with all due respect, I doubt anyone ever bought a ticket to see John on stage when Freddie was out in front.

The point is that they have no qualms about replacing John, who had very genuine reasons for retiring from Queen, but they cannot officially replace Freddie. It paints a false picture that it is still the original Queen getting around.

The guy wrote their most successful song.

The point is that they have no qualms about replacing John, who had very genuine reasons for retiring from Queen, but they cannot officially replace Freddie. It paints a false picture that it is still the original Queen getting around.

The guy wrote their most successful song.

Well, I guess choosing not to be a part of the band is different to passing away and having no say.

They have always billed themselves as 'Queen with Paul Rodgers' or 'Queen with Adam Lambert' in the incarnations without Freddie, too. They haven't pretended it is the same band. It's basically just Brian and Roger playing in a tribute cover band for their own enjoyment and so that fans old and new can still experience the songs live in some form, which they have every right to do, and (as he's never publicly stated otherwise) John is assumedly content with not being a part of that.

Sat next to a bloke today who was watching something on his phone. Nothing special there and didn't take much more notice.

A few minutes later i heard what i thought was Jennifer Aniston's voice and I took another look. And * me he was watching old eps of Friends. Bloke would have been in his mid 40's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back