Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a rule that, if you got the King out, they'd have to go out of the court and wind up to the end of the line.
Our king got a second chance, he just goes back to the first square and has to work his way back. Anyone outside of that was straight to the back of the line.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Our king got a second chance, he just goes back to the first square and has to work his way back. Anyone outside of that was straight to the back of the line.
We played where if you got dunce (or second dunce what if we were playing with eight squares) out, then you're out and the next person comes in.

We played where if you got dunce (or second dunce what if we were playing with eight squares) out, then you're out and the next person comes in.
We had huge lines, even when playing with 12 squares. Would have taken forever to get into the game if we played that way.

Probably be some sort of “duty of care” or outraged parents if some of these games got up and running

Once upon a time there were these things called monkey bars and we hung upside down on them, did backflips off them - occasionally we even got hurt

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Probably be some sort of “duty of care” or outraged parents if some of these games got up and running

Once upon a time there were these things called monkey bars and we hung upside down on them, did backflips off them - occasionally we even got hurt

Monkey bars is not a really vegan friendly term, can we call them turnip bars?

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I got permanent scares from falling off monkey bars into the broken glass below.

I lived and i learned. These days, the litigation would have been immense.

I wouldn't change my scars or those days

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I got permanent scares from falling off monkey bars into the broken glass below.

I lived and i learned. These days, the litigation would have been immense.

I wouldn't change my scars or those days

Except for the time I got my head stuck between the slats of a wooden climbing frame and mum and dad had to get the fire brigade to come and cut me free.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast

Why is this a "misogynistic rant"?

Alan Jones is a career shock jock radio host, everyone knows what his game is. Replace the word "woman" with the word "man" in his latest outburst and no one would care about gender. ScoMo goes straight for the 'I have daughters'. Chairman Mal plays the misogyny card. Cringeworthy. You aren't immune from criticism because you are a woman.

How hard is it to respond to the point on merit or just dismiss it as old man yells at cloud?

Why is this a "misogynistic rant"?

Alan Jones is a career shock jock radio host, everyone knows what his game is. Replace the word "woman" with the word "man" in his latest outburst and no one would care about gender. ScoMo goes straight for the 'I have daughters'. Chairman Mal plays the misogyny card. Cringeworthy. You aren't immune from criticism because you are a woman.

How hard is it to respond to the point on merit or just dismiss it as old man yells at cloud?

He has history and regardless of the gender he once again suggested physically harming someone as a means to an end.

He doesn’t even own his s**t and just because he’s a shock jock doesn’t mean it’s acceptable to get personal

He’s no expert himself on climate change but constantly calls out anyone who mentions it regardless of their credentials

A woman dies every week in this country due to DV - suggesting Morrison shove a sock down her throat is not a message that should be put out in to the community

“I just wonder whether Scott Morrison is going to be fully briefed to shove a sock down her throat.
“She is a joke, this woman, an absolute and utter lightweight.
“These people are an absolute joke and Jacinda Ardern is the biggest joke.”

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
He has history and regardless of the gender he once again suggested physically harming someone as a means to an end.

He doesn’t even own his s**t and just because he’s a shock jock doesn’t mean it’s acceptable to get personal

He’s no expert himself on climate change but constantly calls out anyone who mentions it regardless of their credentials

A woman dies every week in this country due to DV - suggesting Morrison shove a sock down her throat is not a message that should be put out in to the community

“I just wonder whether Scott Morrison is going to be fully briefed to shove a sock down her throat.
“She is a joke, this woman, an absolute and utter lightweight.
“These people are an absolute joke and Jacinda Ardern is the biggest joke.”

DV? Really?

If suggesting putting a sock in it now counts as physical arm then FMD.

The bolded is the real issue. But people aren't going to question his opinions on climate change or whose bidding he is doing there, they go straight for the gender card. If he arrogantly dismissed Bill Shorten or Richard Di Natale's ideas on the topic is that OK?

FWIW in this instance he is right about one thing, Jacinda Ardern is a lightweight.

DV? Really?

The bolded is the real issue. But people aren't going to question his opinions on climate change or whose bidding he is doing there, they go straight for the gender card. If he arrogantly dismissed Bill Shorten or Richard Di Natale's ideas on the topic is that OK?

FWIW in this instance he is right about one thing, Jacinda Ardern is a lightweight.

Except that’s not what he said “shove a sock down her throat” - is not even close. If it was the first time he had threatened to hurt a woman you could maybe accept it was not what he meant but this is the same man who said that Julia Gillard should be drowned in a chaff bag and that she was a super rat that not even poison could kill - he has form. He’s a flat track bully

In relation to Morrison and his daughters - being the father of daughters does not negate the inappropriateness of violent language, it was a soft useless response.

And thank you for your expert opinion on lightweights

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Julia Gillard and Bob Brown in a chaff bag. But I guess Bob is gay (Alan too) to that makes it homophobic also. Malcolm Turbull is delusional and needs medication. That's insensitive to mental health. He's also a traitor to the nation. Apparently...

May as well double down on the faux sexism and say if you (JA) don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen. If it's true that NZ's per capita CO2 emissions have gone up 5x that of Australia's then perhaps the NZ Prime Minister should focus on her/their own backyard.

Julia Gillard and Bob Brown in a chaff bag. But I guess Bob is gay (Alan too) to that makes it homophobic also. Malcolm Turbull is delusional and needs medication. That's insensitive to mental health. He's also a traitor to the nation. Apparently...

May as well double down on the faux sexism and say if you (JA) don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen. If it's true that NZ's per capita CO2 emissions have gone up 5x that of Australia's then perhaps the NZ Prime Minister should focus on her/their own backyard.

He is entitled to an opinion on JA’s views and anyone else’s views for that matter - to personalise it with violent intent is not okay and as I said being a shock jock does not give you the licence to get personal. He should of been sacked a long time ago

DV? Really?

Like you I don't know a lot about Ardern so won't comment on her but if you're worried about lightweights, we're being led by a man who's been sacked from every job he had, lost his preselection heavily and only got the seat because a few of his mates ran a smear campaign against the guy that beat him and only became PM in the first place because the knuckle draggers in his party couldn't bring themselves to vote for a women. That doesn't worry you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back