Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
We played where if you got dunce (or second dunce what if we were playing with eight squares) out, then you're out and the next person comes in.
We had huge lines, even when playing with 12 squares. Would have taken forever to get into the game if we played that way.
We had the king second chance back to dunce as well. But when it was only the four/five of us you would just go back 1 square from wherever you were.

i.e. King>Queen; Jack>Dunce

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
We had the king second chance back to dunce as well. But when it was only the four/five of us you would just go back 1 square from wherever you were.

i.e. King>Queen; Jack>Dunce
Nah, if you went out, everyone would go to second dunce, and if you got out there, you'd be out and next person would come in.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The chickens only ate tofu

I quite like tofu in certain dishes and I particularly like it in a Vietnamese dish I had with fried tofu being stuffed with pork mince, mushrooms etc and then slow cooked in a tomato based sauce. Twas yum!
Vegans need to take a trip to Qld and see their precious soya beans grown.
Monoculture gonna monoculture.
But it's good for the environment!

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If it doesn't contain chicken it shouldn't be allowed to be called "chicken"
download (1).jpeg

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Yeah I don't understand why someone who is vegetarian/vegan would want to eat something that tastes like a product that has meat in it etc.

Wouldn't the taste just remind you of the products you despise because it had meat in it.

'Meat is murder!! Meat is Murder!! - but I would love a vegan hamburger patty that tastes like the meat version, mmmm delicious'

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Yeah I don't understand why someone who is vegetarian/vegan would want to eat something that tastes like a product that has meat in it etc.

Wouldn't the taste just remind you of the products you despise because it had meat in it.

'Meat is murder!! Meat is Murder!! - but I would love a vegan hamburger patty that tastes like the meat version, mmmm delicious'

People don't become vegan because they hate the taste of meat.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
People don't become vegan because they hate the taste of meat.

Yes I know. I presume most do it because they don't want animals to die etc. So scoffing down a vegetarian meal that tastes the same as the meat version doesn't make sense. Wouldn't it remind them of the taste of meat, which they are totally against. 'I am against killing animals to feed us, but can we have a vegan patty that tastes like meat to remind me of the pleasure of eating meat before I had issues with eating meat'. That's how I see it when there is a 'meat flavoured' vegetarian product

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
I presume most do it because they don't want animals to die etc. So scoffing down a vegetarian meal that tastes the same as the meat version doesn't make sense.

How does it not make sense? An animal didn't die for a vegan 'meat' product, which is the whole basis of their ethics.
Most vegans ate an omnivorous diet before turning vegan, and so enjoy the taste of meat. The taste is not the ethical issue.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How does it not make sense? An animal didn't die for a vegan 'meat' product, which is the whole basis of their ethics.
Most vegans ate an omnivorous diet before turning vegan, and so enjoy the taste of meat. The taste is not the ethical issue.

The rest of my post you didn't quote explained my reasoning. I find it weird, you don't.

Yes I know. I presume most do it because they don't want animals to die etc. So scoffing down a vegetarian meal that tastes the same as the meat version doesn't make sense. Wouldn't it remind them of the taste of meat, which they are totally against. 'I am against killing animals to feed us, but can we have a vegan patty that tastes like meat to remind me of the pleasure of eating meat before I had issues with eating meat'. That's how I see it when there is a 'meat flavoured' vegetarian product

How doesn't it make sense? They don't want to eat meat, but still may enjoy the taste, so they pick a met substitute.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
"GRRRRRRRRRR VEGANS/LEFTIES/ABORIGINALS ARE campaignerS :mad: *gnashes teeth*"-types seem to expect those groups to live to some perfectionistic standard they themselves don't aspire to.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Greens voter: "Canberra really needs to do more about climate change"

Liberal voter: "Well, you drive a car, so... BLEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
"GRRRRRRRRRR VEGANS/LEFTIES/ABORIGINALS ARE campaignerS :mad: *gnashes teeth*"-types seem to expect those groups to live to some perfectionistic standard they themselves don't aspire to.

Similar to the other thread: "RABBITS AND MICE GET MUSHED UP IN THE HARVESTERS THAT HARVEST YOUR WHEAT SO UR A HYPOCRIT BLABLABLA" apparently not being completely perfect is enough to delegitimise an entire cause.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
"WELL IF THE WHITE MAN DIDN'T COME YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THOSE GLASSES OR THOSE INSULIN INJECTIONS!"

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
is veganism the new hipsterism, which was the new emoism?

Vegans are more morally advanced than the rest of us, cause they don't cannibalise the earths animals....but they make up for it with their farting.

Those of us who eat meat are all savages & murderers; & it turns our brains into mush & taints our souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back