Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely can't tell if you're trolling or not
You don't think Chris Hemsworth being a die hard Doggies supporter had anything to do with the Thor jumper? Or the Dogs playing home games at Marvel? Or the AFL wanting to be bigger in America?

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
You don't think Chris Hemsworth being a die hard Doggies supporter had anything to do with the Thor jumper? Or the Dogs playing home games at Marvel? Or the AFL wanting to be bigger in America?

A hollywood actor being a fan is an even dumber reason than sponsors. The last 2 come down to money.
I really do not see the mystery behind why dogs fans are miffed at this butt ugly jumper.

A hollywood actor being a fan is an even dumber reason than sponsors. The last 2 come down to money.
I really do not see the mystery behind why dogs fans are miffed at this butt ugly jumper.
Yeah it's dumb to have the team Thor goes for wear the Thor jumper.... should have got them in an Iron Man top instead that would have made more sense.......

Ronan the Acuser? He was a bomber after all
Never heard of him. Seems a bit s**t. Is he even a hero? Couldn't work out if hero or villain.

I'm sure we could do better.

Ok you're obviously trolling. Good day!
I'm really not. It makes perfect sense to a marketing team to leverage that relationship if someone is willing to pay them to do it.

I never said money wasn't involved I said it makes sense when you look at the Marvel connection to the AFL and Hemsworth's connection to the Doggies

Never heard of him. Seems a bit s**t. Is he even a hero? Couldn't work out if hero or villain.

I'm sure we could do better.
Whether he's a hero depends on who you are

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
I'm really not. It makes perfect sense to a marketing team to leverage that relationship if someone is willing to pay them to do it.

I never said money wasn't involved I said it makes sense when you look at the Marvel connection to the AFL and Hemsworth's connection to the Doggies

I said Good Day!

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Gold Coast should get a superhero jumper because as s**t as it is it will be better than what they have.

I can also hear rumblings from the Hawthorn marketing dept feeling threatened about the 'worst jumper everrrr' mantle being up for grabs. They worked hard on that power ranger design.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring back Douggie Hawkins

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
They should name an award to be handed out each year to the player that played one season too many, they can get a statue of Doug in his Fitzroy kit. That was not a dignified end to his career.

Gold Coast should get a superhero jumper because as s**t as it is it will be better than what they have.

I can also hear rumblings from the Hawthorn marketing dept feeling threatened about the 'worst jumper everrrr' mantle being up for grabs. They worked hard on that power ranger design.
When your palette consists of yellow and brown two colours not regularly seen together outside a Hawthorn guernsey since the mid 1970s I think we've got most bases covered.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
When your palette consists of yellow and brown two colours not regularly seen together outside a Hawthorn guernsey since the mid 1970s I think we've got most bases covered.

I 'like' the main Hawthorn jumper. It's a horrible colour scheme but it is clearly identifiable. You don't see someone in a brown/gold vertical striped jumper and wonder who they go for, you know that is Hawthorn.

When it comes to any alternative design your lot come up with some real doozies.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Eric Bana was Hulk, he goes for St Kilda so if they wore a green guernsey you could say they have a connection to Hulk :flushed:
Collingwood had the original:).

I can understand people being annoyed by these decisions but unfortunately this is the world we now live in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back