Status
Not open for further replies.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Adelaide people will know the pedestrian lights on the Parade, I was crossing there today and someone careered straight through the lights without even slowing down. If I'd been another metre or two into the crossing I would have been completely cleaned up. How this person didn't see either the red light or the people crossing is totally beyond me.

My memory of living in Adelaide was that red lights were mostly optional. Especially "fresh" ones

Driving through the Galleria carpark some middle aged bloke (pedestrian) shoots out right in front of me without even looking (he was obscured behind a large 4wd) and I've had to brake quickly, luckily I was only plodding along at 10ish to begin with. Then this guy has the nerve to look back and give me the 'what the **** are you doing?' hand gesture, like I've done something wrong. Unpleasant words were exchanged.

Ships in the night PB, I too was at Galleria today

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
What is a princess cake?

cream, custard, jam, green marzipan

torta-princess-green.jpg

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Carparks are where they get inside my head.

Dawdle slowly two abreast or just walking on an angle to cross sides. It’s like they aren’t aware that it’s still a place for cars that are moving just because they’ve parked
This absolutely gets me annoyed. Just walking down the middle of the Carpark and blissfully unaware a car is trying to drive where they are walking. How hard is it to walk to the side and let cars get past.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
indecently? Don’t think any of the posts except the original one from Gough was referring to pedestrians crossing legally

Almost been killed on a controlled crosswalk crossing myself in a similar vein to Gough. The driver just didn’t “see” the red light - only my own self awareness stopped me from maybe being a statistic

I am amused though at the number of times I cop a toot because I have the audacity to cross the road and they want to turn into that street. I always thought at crossroads that pedestrians had the right of way to turning traffic
At lights maybe , not on normal roads . You are supposed to look behind you and see if there are cars turning but nope they take off without a backward glance . If a car is turning and the pedestrian is up a little bit it can be a bit dangerous. Not sure why anyone would play Russian roulette like that.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This absolutely gets me annoyed. Just walking down the middle of the Carpark and blissfully unaware a car is trying to drive where they are walking. How hard is it to walk to the side and let cars get past.

It's funny seeing them react when you toot them, it's like "what the * are you doing driving on my footpath?"

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why does this 300ml of vegetable juice have 8 campaignering grams of sugar in it?

Why does this 300ml of vegetable juice have 8 campaignering grams of sugar in it?

Most vegetables have some sugars, some higher than others - Ie. carrots and beetroot

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Either you add fruit/vegetable that is high in sugar or you add sugar, or you end up with something that tastes like s**t.

Eh, in days of yore when they were in vogue we had one of those fangled motorised juicers that were awful to clean. We made plenty of tasty vegetable juices without adding specific sweetening agents or fruits. The juice wouldn't keep for long though. Day or 2 in the fridge was it. I suspect that is more the issue at play.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Granted, but 8g in 300ml seems excessive. Same amount of Coke only has 33g, and it's evil.

Perhaps they need to sweeten it to cover all the salt that's added?
If it is mass produced, I am surprised it is only 8g.

Granted, but 8g in 300ml seems excessive. Same amount of Coke only has 33g, and it's evil.

Perhaps they need to sweeten it to cover all the salt that's added?

I gather some of that would also be preservatives

Edit: as per your post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back