Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of foods are surprisingly high in things you wouldn't expect.

Rice Bubbles (not that I've eaten them since I was a kid) as a processed cereal I would expect to be high in sugar, which they are. But they're also roughly equivalent in salt to Smith's potato chips.

I don’t understand how that’s ‘news’.
Unfortunately that is "news" today.
Red rooster writes an article about itself promoting its product and also buys a bit of advertising to promote their product.
Save on Journos and brings in ad revenue.

Every second "news" article is KMart hack, Aldi special

Heaps of people run adblockers on their browser.
Some information sources are funded by advertising.
Ergo, disguising advertising as news.

'member the HUN back when Wayne Carey's book was about to be released? Every day a link headline that seemed like it was big news. Nope, just the latest excerpt from Wayne's book. Please buy it.

It's news in the sense that it's news.com.au. I don't think you can put quotation marks in a URL. I reckon if I did a 2 minute search I could find something even less newsworthy.
Or the first 3 stories each day are about MAFS. Which gets what 1 million viewers? Meaning 25 million australians dont watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they play a lot of games in baseball and that would have an effect v. American football for instance but I just don't understand how it generates money for people to be on over $30 million a year. I don't watch basketball and only watch Socceroos games but at least I can acknowledge why they would be popular with others.

Baseball is the only one of America's big 4 sports played all over the summer.
It is very popular in Japan, Taiwan and South Korea which may help the revenue.

NFL TV rights are worth USD4.5b per year. NBA is $2.6b, MLB $1.3b.

NFL salary cap is $177m and the highest payroll in the MLB (no salary cap) is about $200m. One player getting $30-40m a year in a baseball team is nuts given how many players they have. The average salary in the NFL is lower than the NBA, NHL and MLB despite the higher TV rights. Weird.

NFL salary cap is $177m and the highest payroll in the MLB (no salary cap) is about $200m. One player getting $30-40m a year in a baseball team is nuts given how many players they have. The average salary in the NFL is lower than the NBA, NHL and MLB despite the higher TV rights. Weird.

I don't follow the NFL really but from what I've noticed the owners seem to have a strong bond, wouldn't surprise me if they conspire to keep wages down below market rate.

I know they play a lot of games in baseball and that would have an effect v. American football for instance but I just don't understand how it generates money for people to be on over $30 million a year. I don't watch basketball and only watch Socceroos games but at least I can acknowledge why they would be popular with others.

Yeah their salaries are getting out of hand in a way. This offseason has generated 3 of the biggest signed contracts ever. However at the same time some big free agents are still unsigned and wont be playing at the start of this season as they want the big $$$$ but clubs aren't willing to pay.

So in some aspects its getting bigger but in others they are not paying as much.

NFL teams have 53 players on their squads, and have to fit them all in the cap space, MLB rosters only have 25 players on their squads with only a luxury tax if they go over $210 million

Why people get tatts esp extensive ones

Nose rings etc

yeah i dont get tattoos myself. But these I don't understand:

1. The media laughing at Liberatore getting 'stupid' tattoos. Yeah because getting tigers and skulls on you makes much more sense.......
2. People who complain about not being able to afford houses or having no money, then spend 1000's of dollars getting their arms tattooed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back