Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really understood LinkedIn. What does it do exactly?

It's a pretty powerful job hunting tool if you update your account regularly and and have good connections. A few people with more skills than I in my office get at least a couple of calls a week enquiring about their interest in jumping ship.

How this baby has survived a week on no more than three hours sleep a day and hasn't even looked tired outside of that.

They say meth was invented to keep soldiers awake. They should invested in cloning our daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How this baby has survived a week on no more than three hours sleep a day and hasn't even looked tired outside of that.

They say meth was invented to keep soldiers awake. They should invested in cloning our daughter.

Our middle child was a nightmare sleeper and a paediatrician told us that a baby needs no more than 10 minutes sleep to go 24hrs without. It’s too do with how deep that sleep is apparently - rested sleep.

Good luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pretty powerful job hunting tool if you update your account regularly and and have good connections. A few people with more skills than I in my office get at least a couple of calls a week enquiring about their interest in jumping ship.

I probably get a enquiry for my services about once a month. It's funny how entitled some of them are, got a very generic one the other week which requested a reply even if I wasn't interested. Um, you're cold calling me with a generic approach (cut and paste job), not going to dignify you with a response m8.

Often the approaches are for a unsuitable job as well which is annoying, not hard to do 2 mins of reading on my page and find out generally what I'm able to do. I'll often ask what made them think i was suitable for their role, often they haven't even looked at my experience, seen sales and assume I can (and want to) sell any widget!

I feel bad for you. It was hard enough having a kid but we had a good sleeper, that's a huge part of the battle. The Ashes is coming up though on the plus side for you.

Our middle child was a nightmare sleeper and a paediatrician told us that a baby needs no more than 10 minutes sleep to go 24hrs without. It’s too do with how deep that sleep is apparently - rested sleep.

Good luck

I was talking to friends the other day who described their child (~1 year old) as a "630-630 sleeper". I don't even have kids and was shocked that's a thing. Wish I could get a lazy 12 hours in each night.

Good luck

I can get her in to a light sleep in the pram but the second I stop pushing or try to move her to bed she would wake up. Around 4 last night I tried and she stayed asleep, so she had finally drifted in to deep sleep.

I probably get a enquiry for my services about once a month. It's funny how entitled some of them are, got a very generic one the other week which requested a reply even if I wasn't interested. Um, you're cold calling me with a generic approach (cut and paste job), not going to dignify you with a response m8.

Often the approaches are for a unsuitable job as well which is annoying, not hard to do 2 mins of reading on my page and find out generally what I'm able to do. I'll often ask what made them think i was suitable for their role, often they haven't even looked at my experience, seen sales and assume I can (and want to) sell any widget!
I quite often get requests from employment contractors to add them to my contacts. I just assume it's so they can increase their numbers to look like they're awesome at what they do to others.

I quite often get requests from employment contractors to add them to my contacts. I just assume it's so they can increase their numbers to look like they're awesome at what they do to others.

Yeah it's that and probably to keep an eye on you, some people will post on Linkedin saying they need a role. I was in a situation a few years ago where I got the arse so I needed the recruiters then, always worth keeping the contacts just in case.

Oxygen thieves.

I've had one contact me and ask if I'm interested in some role that was both vague, lower paying and non-permanent (oh boy, where do I sign?) and then immediately ask me for contacts who might be interested. Nah mate, find your own contacts. That's your whole job.

People who have no self control.

One of my wife's sisters is a school teacher and currently on school holidays. Went away from Friday-Sunday last week with some of her friends. She got home on Sunday (still lives at home), and cracked it at one of her other sisters because she was tired and grumpy from having to drive a lot.

She chose to go away.

Then she complains about not having any money (yet booked above trip), and then bought a whole new heap of active wear. She called my wife yesterday to complain she is tired and has no money. Then she kicked off about hating living at home because the other sister is always moody and doesn't have a job.

Pretty sure nobody forced her to go away, or to buy the gym clothes. And if she hates home that much, she can move out if she really wants to. Obviously this won't happen.

Then she wants to stay at our place on Saturday to have some "space" and "relax because it's the end of holidays". Never mind that my wife is also on holidays and wants her own time/space.

/rant

People who have no self control.

One of my wife's sisters is a school teacher and currently on school holidays. Went away from Friday-Sunday last week with some of her friends. She got home on Sunday (still lives at home), and cracked it at one of her other sisters because she was tired and grumpy from having to drive a lot.

She chose to go away.

Then she complains about not having any money (yet booked above trip), and then bought a whole new heap of active wear. She called my wife yesterday to complain she is tired and has no money. Then she kicked off about hating living at home because the other sister is always moody and doesn't have a job.

Pretty sure nobody forced her to go away, or to buy the gym clothes. And if she hates home that much, she can move out if she really wants to. Obviously this won't happen.

Then she wants to stay at our place on Saturday to have some "space" and "relax because it's the end of holidays". Never mind that my wife is also on holidays and wants her own time/space.

/rant
Lives at home. School teacher. No money.

Join the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back