Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People wishing happy birthday and posting a picture of their kid with a long winded message on facebook......for a 1 or 2 or 3 year old (etc). News flash, they don't have facebook and cant read it anyway - you are just doing it for likes and messages to make you feel good, nothing to do with your kid.

Agreed

Not as bad as the parents with kids with medical problems that feel the need to check in at the hospital constantly. I don’t understand those parents. Fair enough send a text to family/ friends to let them know what’s going on, but why publish on Facebook?

Agreed

Not as bad as the parents with kids with medical problems that feel the need to check in at the hospital constantly. I don’t understand those parents. Fair enough send a text to family/ friends to let them know what’s going on, but why publish on Facebook?

tiblog-facebook-bot-feature.png

People wishing happy birthday and posting a picture of their kid with a long winded message on facebook......for a 1 or 2 or 3 year old (etc). News flash, they don't have facebook and cant read it anyway - you are just doing it for likes and messages to make you feel good, nothing to do with your kid.

Put them on ignore so they dont come up in your feed.

Have a few ppl on that

Agreed

I think ive covered this one before - someone checks into hospital with either no reason or 'oh no' and then, waits for people to ask 'is everything alright' or 'whats wrong?' and never explains why they are there. they just want the attention and comments

thankfully not weird creepy....but weird post it, then ill reply I BOUGHT THAT FOR THEM!!!111!

my daughters god mother always used to leave the price tag on gifts and go on to everyone how much she spent

used to do my head in

Agreed

Because they want the sympathy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think ive covered this one before - someone checks into hospital with either no reason or 'oh no' and then, waits for people to ask 'is everything alright' or 'whats wrong?' and never explains why they are there. they just want the attention and comments
Maybe they didnt want everyone to know of their haemorrhoid outbreak, or that their stomach pains were actually an inflammation of an STD caught skanking out a couple months back.

Anyone can fail at a job for a wide variety of reasons; the wrong person might be picked in an interview, untruths on resumes, not fitting in at the place of work or faults on both the part of the employer or employee. Or a previously good employee may have personal issues outside of work impacting performance, had issues at work, or simply become jaded in their career over time.

But what of cases where an employee enters a profession where the entry level standards are extremely high, it is a hard profession to enter, the training is intense and it is made clear what the role entails, yet fails dismally from the outset? Jobs such as a police officer, paramedic, firefighter, pilot, flight attendant, nursing, medicine or armed services. In these cases the entry standards and training are intense, with a high attrition rate for those not making the grade. How do unsuitable people slip through the cracks into these professions and only when in the job is it discovered they aren't up to these roles?

Anyone can fail at a job for a wide variety of reasons; the wrong person might be picked in an interview, untruths on resumes, not fitting in at the place of work or faults on both the part of the employer or employee. Or a previously good employee may have personal issues outside of work impacting performance, had issues at work, or simply become jaded in their career over time.

But what of cases where an employee enters a profession where the entry level standards are extremely high, it is a hard profession to enter, the training is intense and it is made clear what the role entails, yet fails dismally from the outset? Jobs such as a police officer, paramedic, firefighter, pilot, flight attendant, nursing, medicine or armed services. In these cases the entry standards and training are intense, with a high attrition rate for those not making the grade. How do unsuitable people slip through the cracks into these professions and only when in the job is it discovered they aren't up to these roles?
Don't write Bucks off yet. It could still happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back