Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself flying with hundreds of people is possibly more "environmentally friendly" than driving an even longer distance by myself.

You guys meet in the middle here on good old Adelaide I'll get the Coopers on ice

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

a. get stuffed you say Parmi
b. the half way point would be the desert not Adelaide
c. refer to a again
d. i'd rather go to perth

;)

Once you lock the door, drive to the airport, wait at the airport, sit on the plane for 4 hours, get off at the airport, drive to relative's home, it feels more like a whole day enterprise and tiring. Flown both ways every year for a decade.
Hats off to the eagles teams for winning 4 flags since 1987

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth, where their CBD on a Sat night is like Melbourne's on a Monday night and shops don't open until 11 on a Saturday.

I guess when you're a small town you can afford to do that.

Melbourne, a city of 5m people who all carry on like they live in South Yarra or Fitzroy and hang around on Chapel and Brunswick Streets each weeknight because they are so interesting and cultured when in reality the majority live dull suburban lives in outer suburbs and go home to watch MAFS and The Bachelor and spend their weekends at Bunnings and Highpoint.

I guess when you have a chip on your shoulder about always being #2 city you need to do that. :p

I don't understand this "my city is better than your city" thing. Who really cares?

Can't we all just agree that Adelaide is s**t?

I don't understand this "my city is better than your city" thing. Who really cares?

Can't we all just agree that Adelaide is s**t?

Nah, get stuffed. Official (capital) city rankings:
  1. Melbourne
  2. Hobart
  3. Perth
  4. Sydney
  5. Brisbane
  6. Adelaide
  7. Canberra
  8. Darwin

I'd probably agree with that, except I'd maybe move Sydney up a bit.

To be honest, I haven't even been to Perth, Darwin or Adelaide. I hear nice things about Perth though.

To be honest, I haven't even been to Perth, Darwin or Adelaide. I hear nice things about Perth though.

Perth is great, had a lovely time there. Did Rottnest, did a city tour, did Freo (night out there with a mate + his parents- sounds s**t but they were awesome) and v Fremantle footy match with the mate + his dad.

I wouldnt even know how to rank cities (after writing this, havent spent much time at most major cities) - back when i was 20-30 it would be the pubs and nightlife, now im 30+ with a family its the attractions to see etc.

I liked Adelaide when we went a couple of years ago as a family - stayed an hr out of adelaide but did a day visit and was fun. But on the other hand, shittest major city as far as footy trips go and nightlife after cricket test was terrible.

Been to Perth once for a footy trip, was pretty average - never been for a holiday

Hobart - went for a wedding, spent the weekend there, didnt do anything so dont have any feelings either way. Have heard good stories so will look to do a family trip down there.

Sydney - been for a family holiday and a weekend trip with the missus. Darling harbour is good for a few drinks around christmas time, city was easily accessable and zoos were ok. I liked the ferry situation, different to melbourne.

Darwin - went for a boys trip, only stayed in Darwin for a couple of nights, the rest down south. Went to the races which was a ripper day and main drag was fun for a boys trip.

Brisbane - only been to once, watched footy and then went to Hervey Bay

Canberra - never been

Melbourne - lived here my whole life, when some irish people i knew came out and asked what there is do in melbourne - i said- 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Only places I would go back to is Melb,Syd and Brizzy

Brizzy is mainly to catch a plane and not much else
and
Darwin I would go because Ive never been and a mate lives there

All the rest were nice but theres too many other places OS I havent seen yet to bother going back for seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back