Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still have the "rush" at the doors when they open I think, but its not like back in the old days when people got keyed and there was epic violence over $50 TVs.

But yeah whatevs, i stay well away from the major shopping centres and the city post xmas sales.
I remember a woman losing a finger but snaring a $100 tv back in the good ole days

I like ok boomer

I wanted to use it with a relative recently who started off ranting about how boomers were getting attacked and generalised about and I s**t you not ended it with if they didn't sip their lattes and have their smashed avo's they could afford a house instead of blaming me

I like ok boomer

I wanted to use it with a relative recently who started off ranting about how boomers were getting attacked and generalised about and I s**t you not ended it with if they didn't sip their lattes and have their smashed avo's they could afford a house instead of blaming me
Bernard Salt is your relative?

that Westfield Balloon Drop is the funniest s**t I have seen for ages and anyone who got hurt, dare I say it, doesn't get any sympathy from me

What a disgusting reflection on our culture

I finished work at 1.15am on Monday night/Tuesday morning, driving home at that time is normally a quick process... until I got to Rosamond Rd and came across Highpoint ... with their THIRTY-SIX HOUR TRADING FOR XMAS and legit it was like a Saturday morning traffic wise. It was pumping. It's in absolute indictment on everybody who was there (save for the workers who are just doing their job)

zero xmas presents purchased on my end - I don't anticipate on receiving any so zero contribution to the sick, sick consumption mad holiday

that Westfield Balloon Drop is the funniest s**t I have seen for ages and anyone who got hurt, dare I say it, doesn't get any sympathy from me

What a disgusting reflection on our culture

I finished work at 1.15am on Monday night/Tuesday morning, driving home at that time is normally a quick process... until I got to Rosamond Rd and came across Highpoint ... with their THIRTY-SIX HOUR TRADING FOR XMAS and legit it was like a Saturday morning traffic wise. It was pumping. It's in absolute indictment on everybody who was there (save for the workers who are just doing their job)

zero xmas presents purchased on my end - I don't anticipate on receiving any so zero contribution to the sick, sick consumption mad holiday

If people were smart they'd be buying things throughout the year instead of leaving it to the last few days.
I leave things like Chocolates until the last week so that they don't melt in Melbourne's weather!

I do laugh (and cringe) at people that ask if there are any trees/advent calendars/specialty Christmas items..... on Christmas eve..... that were already sold out in November/early December.

I maintained my composure this year and was constantly cheerful, even wishing everyone a merry christmas at the end of a conversation (regardless if in person/over the phone). More out of politeness AND to irritate others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not fussed with the ok boomer
Initially all the boomer bashing pissed me off but I’ve since decided to just acknowledge it, embrace it and enjoy it. No fu**s given

I just say “Ok mate”

It’s equally dismissive, but without the age discrimination.

I like ok boomer

Its a fair point. My daughter ends each fortnight with zero dollars in the bank regardless of how much money she earns. She has not once ever saved any money. And she complains about not being able to afford anything.

Well, I earn way more than her and have managed to go my entire life without paying $300 for a haircut.

I'd like to know why people care about hot cross buns being sold from Boxing Day. My son loves it. He hates the 6 months they are unavailable.

Its a fair point. My daughter ends each fortnight with zero dollars in the bank regardless of how much money she earns. She has not once ever saved any money. And she complains about not being able to afford anything.

Well, I earn way more than her and have managed to go my entire life without paying $300 for a haircut.

I'd like to know why people care about hot cross buns being sold from Boxing Day. My son loves it. He hates the 6 months they are unavailable.
Ok boomer

People who line up for hours for boxing day sales. Lining up for 2+ hrs to just get a car park. Get a life

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
We went on the tram to the city, it was sardines, horrible. And unbelievably packed in the city, we lasted a few hours though lol.

Ok boomer

Is that because my daughter cant save, or because my son likes hot cross buns?

Also, I suspect you are old. At least, it feels like it seems sad when you say it.

Its more humorous when younger people say it.

I asked my daughter and she said she doesnt know anyone who actually says it, just sharing funny memes.

Is that because my daughter cant save, or because my son likes hot cross buns?

Also, I suspect you are old. At least, it feels like it seems sad when you say it.

Its more humorous when younger people say it.

I asked my daughter and she said she doesnt know anyone who actually says it, just sharing funny memes.

Can't win sometimes with the older generations, some get criticised for not saving, others like me get criticised for rarely spending on anything.

I guess that's why so many have resorted to "ok boomer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back