Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are used a lot in hotel breakfast buffets. Normally set so low they just convert bread to bread thats been left outside in the sun for ten minutes - lukewarm and stale. Try dialling it up to an acceptable level and hear the muttering and hissing from any Chinese in the vicinity.*

* not racist, first hand experience on multiple occasions in SE Asia

They are used a lot in hotel breakfast buffets. Normally set so low they just convert bread to bread thats been left outside in the sun for ten minutes - lukewarm and stale. Try dialling it up to an acceptable level and hear the muttering and hissing from any Chinese in the vicinity.*

Can you use that * and quote on any racist post and it then becomes a non-racist comment?

asking for a friend

like a hissing cat?

Just watched the cruise ship doco on Four Corners. Can't see any appeal in being stuck on a ship for long periods of time, where you are exposed to sup-par food, sup-par entertainment, and are at the mercy of a diarrhoea or pandemic.

Just watched the cruise ship doco on Four Corners. Can't see any appeal in being stuck on a ship for long periods of time, where you are exposed to sup-par food, sup-par entertainment, and are at the mercy of a diarrhoea or pandemic.

Assuming it’s an auto correct but if not “sup-par” great pun for a crappy post dinner meal.

Im of a similar opinion and why i havent been on one (had same opinion before any pandemic and even then that hasnt influenced my opinion) - but everyone i know who goes on a cruise loves it. Thats from the older generation to families to groups of adults going.

Well you can't fix overdone toast, just run it through twice and stop ya whinging mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am of the same opinion

Im of a similar opinion and why i havent been on one (had same opinion before any pandemic and even then that hasnt influenced my opinion) - but everyone i know who goes on a cruise loves it. Thats from the older generation to families to groups of adults going.
My brother and his gf went from Seattle to Alaska and said the views of the coastline were magnificent. Didnt say much about the ship itself - apart from the dodgy poker and the meals being ok

*, we had $350 per diem. Rather than stay in a $250 a night hotel, I'd book an apartment for a week for half that, or lastminute.com and spend even less. Then have tons left over for shouting colleagues lunches and dinners etc. They used to love me coming to town.

Also booked my own flights, shopping around for the best deal, and the savings paid for me to use proper hire cars with drivers who turned up on time, spoke English and knew where they were going, instead of taxis. Had to be careful about lingo differences, I asked my driver in Melbourne to book me a hire car in Sydney and a limo turned up. Made for a great entrance at the hotel. Should have asked for a sedan. :)

Then the beancounters insisted everyone go through a particular travel agent and all airfares were to be booked at fully flexible rates, and it became illegal to do my little perks because it Cost Too Much. *ing idiots.

This reminds me of the whitegoods trip back in the day. Public servants would be paid a Daily allowance to go to say melbourne from Canberra. Most people knew a friend in canberra so would pocket the allowance and buy a whitegood with public money.
Not any more tho. All bookings done centrally

Why Jimmy Fallon has to apologise for a blackface skit he did on SNL 20 years ago.

Firstly it was 20 years ago so why do people dig up stuff from decades ago to get offended at when different standards applied back then and secondly he was doing an impersonation of Chris Rock so how is he supposed to impersonate him without using blackface? Would anyone have got offended if he impersonated Jerry Seinfeld using his Jewish features? It's political correctness gone mad.

Why Jimmy Fallon has to apologise for a blackface skit he did on SNL 20 years ago.

Firstly it was 20 years ago so why do people dig up stuff from decades ago to get offended at when different standards applied back then and secondly he was doing an impersonation of Chris Rock so how is he supposed to impersonate him without using blackface? Would anyone have got offended if he impersonated Jerry Seinfeld using his Jewish features? It's political correctness gone mad.

I agree the idea of rectroactively legislating is pretty silly but “how is he supposed to impersonate him without using blackface”.

You can’t be serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back