Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah might make a few people feel better but for the most part I don't think the average indigenous person out in the real world really gives that much of a sh*t about cheese names, fiddling with national celebration dates and protesting about an African American getting killed on the other side of the planet.

I find it amusing that you’ve now gone down the path of knowing how the average Aboriginal person feels

Scotland’s right in that some conversations just go round and round

happy Sunday

I find it amusing that you’ve now gone down the path of knowing how the average Aboriginal person feels

Scotland’s right in that some conversations just go round and round

happy Sunday
You are the one that tries to speak for everyone, why can't I have an opinion as well? If you think such window dressing is some big issue on minds away from the internet maybe you need to get out more.

Last edited:

This sudden obsession with people's "human rights" and living in a "free country". We live in a society, societies have rules.

We drive to speed limits, we have to wear seatbelts, we have to educate our children, we can't break into somebody else's property... Are people really under the misapprehension that we live in some lawless state? I'm so glad today's adults were never shipped off to war, we definitely would have lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sudden obsession with people's "human rights" and living in a "free country". We live in a society, societies have rules.

We drive to speed limits, we have to wear seat-belts, we have to educate our children, we can't break into somebody else's property... Are people really under the misapprehension that we live in some lawless state? I'm so glad today's adults were never shipped off to war, we definitely would have lost.

Plenty of conscientious objectors back in the day....Who chose to honor the sanctity of their own lives, rather than be some anonymous canon-fodder for some elite corporation, making a quadrillion $$$ off the dead carcasses, sucked-in by the manufactured consent of some 'patriotic jingoism'.

Being an active, conscious adult citizen, should never be about a choice between freedom or being duty-bound to government fiat.

Plenty of conscientious objectors back in the day....Who chose to honor the sanctity of their own lives, rather than be some anonymous canon-fodder for some elite corporation, making a quadrillion $$$ off the dead carcasses, sucked-in by the manufactured consent of some 'patriotic jingoism'.

Being an active, conscious adult citizen, should never be about a choice between freedom or being duty-bound to government fiat.
except people are saying that they shouldn't have to be put out by wearing a mask to help reduce the spread of a disease

These are the same people complaining about the restrictions that don't want to do anything to help ease them

They are saying I don't think it will kill me so I don't give a s**t if it kills anyone else

It's not about their rights or freedoms it's about their selfishness

except people are saying that they shouldn't have to be put out by wearing a mask to help reduce the spread of a disease

These are the same people complaining about the restrictions that don't want to do anything to help ease them

They are saying I don't think it will kill me so I don't give a sh*t if it kills anyone else

Out of interest, how long have you been wearing a mask for?

They are saying I don't think it will kill me so I don't give a sh*t if it kills anyone else

You're arguing with a guy who thinks Corona is a hoax. Don't bother.

Out of interest, how long have you been wearing a mask for?
From back around the 10th of July when they started recommending they be worn when you couldn't socially distance

I don't see how not wearing a mask when out in the open-air, in sparsely populated settings, aids & assists in not spreading the disease.

Enforcing mask-wearing in such circumstances as these, is indeed a direct restriction & imposition upon our bodily liberties & an unnecessary intrusion.

Too often people will go to the extreme length of citing war & times of war as a justification for the eradication of our human rights.

Our rights are not a play-thing for governments to give & take- away as they so please...We are not their property, they exist in order to serve us.

Remembering that governments justification & legitimization for those wars to begin with, was in securing such freedom & liberties.

I've got no issue in donning the mask in Private & public buildings, where they are a condition of entry.....That is the owners right of entry.

But I'm sorry.....The imposition upon & restriction of my ability to breathe fresh air directly - out in the open - is simply unjustified & unwarranted.

I don't see how not wearing a mask when out in the open-air, in sparsely populated settings, aids & assists in not spreading the disease.

Enforcing mask-wearing in such circumstances as these, is indeed a direct restriction & imposition upon our bodily liberties & an unnecessary intrusion.

Too often people will go to the extreme length of citing war & times of war as a justification for the eradication of our human rights.

Our rights are not a play-thing for governments to give & take- away as they so please...We are not their property, they exist in order to serve us.

Remembering that governments justification & legitimization for those wars to begin with, was in securing such freedom & liberties.

I've got no issue in donning the mask in Private & public buildings, where they are a condition of entry.....That is the owners right of entry.

But I'm sorry.....The imposition upon & restriction of my ability to breathe fresh air directly - out in the open - is simply unjustified.
How many caveats can you put in a law before it becomes useless ?
We arent dealing with sane rational people its like herding cats

How many caveats can you put in a law before it becomes useless ?
We arent dealing with sane rational people its like herding cats

English Common Law is prefaced upon the rational, reasonable Man in the Clapham omnibus.....Not a herd of Cats....Most people are reasonably able & perfectly capable to follow such laws every day of their lives, without the requirement or need for government intervention & intrusion....Tis human nature that informs the bulwark of our societal rules, not irrationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back