Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how not wearing a mask when out in the open-air, in sparsely populated settings, aids & assists in not spreading the disease.

Enforcing mask-wearing in such circumstances as these, is indeed a direct restriction & imposition upon our bodily liberties & an unnecessary intrusion.

Too often people will go to the extreme length of citing war & times of war as a justification for the eradication of our human rights.

Our rights are not a play-thing for governments to give & take- away as they so please...We are not their property, they exist in order to serve us.

Remembering that governments justification & legitimization for those wars to begin with, was in securing such freedom & liberties.

I've got no issue in donning the mask in Private & public buildings, where they are a condition of entry.....That is the owners right of entry.

But I'm sorry.....The imposition upon & restriction of my ability to breathe fresh air directly - out in the open - is simply unjustified & unwarranted.
They are trying to normalize wearing masks, they are trying to avoid the person going for a walk who decided to just duck into a shop and doesn't have a mask because they weren't planning on needing one.

So....

Grab some shopping then get the test and go home.. thats fine.

Get the test, grab some shopping and go home... thats bad.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not if you have symptoms. If you have symptoms then it's get tested and go home, no shopping.
If you have no symptoms why would you be getting a test on the way home from doing the shopping?

They are trying to normalize wearing masks, they are trying to avoid the person going for a walk who decided to just duck into a shop and doesn't have a mask because they weren't planning on needing one.

Where did I say not wearing one outdoors precludes you from carrying one in your pocket?....People aren't so thick.

Where did I say not wearing one outdoors precludes you from carrying one in your pocket?....People aren't so thick.
I think the last few months have proven that they are

Not if you have symptoms. If you have symptoms then it's get tested and go home, no shopping.
If you have no symptoms why would you be getting a test on the way home from doing the shopping?
a vibe

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

you just come across as someone who needs his opinions herd
Im sure pretending to be apolitical while clearly not is all part of the shtick

Nope, this is a forum and i put forward my thoughts at times. i dont care if people read or ignore. I do like nuffies trying to have a go at me, its good fun.

Im not political at all, as previously explained to you, as they are all jackasses.

As for the original quote you quoted, the government are extremely stupid - case in point, putting testing places in shopping centre carparks and then looking bewildered when people go shopping when getting tested......

I don't see how not wearing a mask when out in the open-air, in sparsely populated settings, aids & assists in not spreading the disease.

Enforcing mask-wearing in such circumstances as these, is indeed a direct restriction & imposition upon our bodily liberties & an unnecessary intrusion.

Too often people will go to the extreme length of citing war & times of war as a justification for the eradication of our human rights.

Our rights are not a play-thing for governments to give & take- away as they so please...We are not their property, they exist in order to serve us.

Remembering that governments justification & legitimization for those wars to begin with, was in securing such freedom & liberties.

I've got no issue in donning the mask in Private & public buildings, where they are a condition of entry.....That is the owners right of entry.

But I'm sorry.....The imposition upon & restriction of my ability to breathe fresh air directly - out in the open - is simply unjustified & unwarranted.
I agree that me wearing a mask on my 7am walk (where I have literally passed 1 person in the last 3 weeks) is not going to prevent the spread. Unfortunately, people weren't following the government guidelines of "wear a mask in public if you can't guarantee social distancing will occur", so we've lost the right to use our discretion. It's a lot easier to enforce "literally wear a mask if you're leaving your house & car" (unless you have a medical or work related exemption) than to enforce fines where people can use a huge amount of discretion and argue that they're currently socially distant, but wouldn't have been at the supermarket or post office 5 minutes earlier.

I also don't particularly agree with conscription, it was more of a throwaway line about how petulant we are today. Millennials are continually accused of lacking resilience and being selfish, but it's the "Karen" generation that are causing the most waves with these issues.

Nope, this is a forum and i put forward my thoughts at times. i dont care if people read or ignore. I do like nuffies trying to have a go at me, its good fun.

Im not political at all, as previously explained to you, as they are all jackasses.

As for the original quote you quoted, the government are extremely stupid - case in point, putting testing places in shopping centre carparks and then looking bewildered when people go shopping when getting tested......

giphy.gif

Hard to understand?

Not political at all - as im i dont swing left or right (dont even know who is who) and dont vote because they are all as bad as each other

I can still have a go at the government for their stupid decisions (and i think the other mob would make the same decisions as they are all as dumb as each other) - in fact i said it at the time when they had testing at shopping centres that idiots will go and do their shopping at the same time.....doesnt take a rocket scientist to work that one out (or maybe it does)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to understand?

Not political at all - as im i dont swing left or right (dont even know who is who) and dont vote because they are all as bad as each other

I can still have a go at the government for their stupid decisions (and i think the other mob would make the same decisions as they are all as dumb as each other) - in fact i said it at the time when they had testing at shopping centres that idiots will go and do their shopping at the same time.....doesnt take a rocket scientist to work that one out (or maybe it does)

All good, i get what you're saying. I mean generally when someone says they don't want to talk politics but the goverment are idiots, well that's getting political, but I understand what you mean.

The mindless pom pom waver brigade of the SRP board really has a hard time getting their minds around the idea that some people can actually think for themselves and form an independent opinion.
you give people too much credit
spend enough money on marketing and you can convince enough people to eat a s**t sandwich and enjoy it and think they came at that decision by themselves

The mindless pom pom waver brigade of the SRP board really has a hard time getting their minds around the idea that some people can actually think for themselves and form an independent opinion.

It's the blind parochialism & sticking to 'your side' no matter what, that does my head in.

The Clintonites & the Trumpites are equally blind as each other, in the same way.

I decided to sort through my sock drawer today. I ended up with 7 socks that didn't have a partner. WTH happens to these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back