Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish there was more Dinner Ladies

iu

Wish there was more Dinner Ladies

iu
Ah, the late, great Victoria Woods.
Not that well known down here, but that was a great short sitcom.
The pre-merger Xmas party episode would probably be my favourite.

Good character acting from Mrs Weasley too.
Phillipa popped up in Ab Fab a couple of times.
Tony said:
All a bloke really wants for Christmas is a voucher that says, "Take this to 32 Sycamore Avenue. Mrs. Janet Farnesbarnes will be stark naked waiting for you. You can have as long as you like, you get a cup of tea afterwards and you don't have to have a bloody conversation!"

Random self promotion, and a blog that I haven't updated in ages

You missed Last of the Summer Wine (295 eps over 31 seasons) and Darling Buds of May (20 eps over 3 seasons) although the gentle, rolling humour throughout possibly takes them beyond the sitcom genre. There's a ton of quality shows to add, its a case of being spoilt for choice.

You missed Last of the Summer Wine (295 eps over 31 seasons) and Darling Buds of May (20 eps over 3 seasons) although the gentle, rolling humour throughout possibly takes them beyond the sitcom genre. There's a ton of quality shows to add, its a case of being spoilt for choice.

If we're talking David Jason, how about some Open All Hours? And then the recent homage Still Open All Hours with Granville running the shop.
Mrs F..F..F..Featherstone still kicking on.

Also - on the Friends aspect vs the short British Series - I thought Coupling was pretty good in the 3 of each adult relationship sitcom category. 4th and final series was a bit of a letdown after Geoff left though.

All shows listed on the blog are either shows I have fully or partly seen. It was never going to be a complete list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The British know what they are doing re. sitcoms and how long they should last.

I just finished Schitt's Creek and thought that was something they did really well. The stories all wrapped up nicely and they finished on a high after cleaning up at the Golden Globes and Emmy's.

Why PS5 and XBOX X are sold out everywhere for months in advance. I get the idea of premium pricing and trying to establish exclusivity to drum up demand but having 0 stock of a consumer good in the lead up to Christmas? Bold strategy, Cotton.

They have nothing on the new PC graphics cards. Massive demand with * all stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back