Could someone please explain to me this current fashion trend:

View attachment 1020415 View attachment 1020422

- poorly shaped hats
- sneakers with high socks
- longish, cropped hair
- often over sized button up shirts or tshirts
- often short shorts.
- often ironic moustache

Is this the new hipster style or surfy style? And does the opposite sex find it attractive? To me it doesn't seem to compliment a person's physique. What are the main fashion stores for this style?

I see blokes wearing fashion like this to nightclubs these days.

If I hazard to guess, you are getting too old to be night clubbing, you are no longer the crowd they want and hence why you find the 'IT' crowds clothing weird.

Hats haven't been well shaped since the flat peaks with the label on them was introduced (apparently it was cool to leave the sticker on)

The mo would be due to movember? Or just the fact facial hair has been 'in' for the last 3 or 4 years. I thinks it's good being back, Mo's and beards are great, worse the better

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

If I hazard to guess, you are getting too old to be night clubbing, you are no longer the crowd they want and hence why you find the 'IT' crowds clothing weird.

Hats haven't been well shaped since the flat peaks with the label on them was introduced (apparently it was cool to leave the sticker on)

The mo would be due to movember? Or just the fact facial hair has been 'in' for the last 3 or 4 years. I thinks it's good being back, Mo's and beards are great, worse the better

If I hazard a guess, you wear this type of get up and sport an ironic mo yourself and you feel offended by my post. I didn’t mean to offend. Sorry. I don’t think this fashion is a bad thing, I’m sure ten years ago there were things I wore which looked ridiculous to people my current age. Just wondering if this is the new surfy or hipster type get up. A kind of ironic trying to look dorky but cool fashion style.

If I hazard a guess, you wear this type of get up and sport an ironic mo yourself and you feel offended by my post. I didn’t mean to offend. Sorry. I don’t think this fashion is a bad thing, I’m sure ten years ago there were things I wore which looked ridiculous to people my current age. Just wondering if this is the new surfy or hipster type get up. A kind of ironic trying to look dorky but cool fashion style.
New? Mate it's been in fashion for a few years now. Plenty of chicks seem to love the filthy mo.

- poorly shaped hats
- sneakers with high socks
- longish, cropped hair
- often short shorts.
- often ironic moustache

Is this the new hipster style or surfy style? And does the opposite sex find it attractive? To me it doesn't seem to compliment a person's physique. What are the main fashion stores for this style?

I see blokes wearing fashion like this to nightclubs these days.
The socks are a long but I thought that was 'old' and all the hipsters these days sport those ones that are so short it looks like they aren't wearing any.

You were fishing for offence as you often do
Own it
Color photography?

Don't wear either, I also think younger generation wear s**t clothes and haircuts, just sounded like you've realised you are no longer 'cool' or 'hip'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thinks it's good being back, Mo's and beards are great, worse the better

I say this as a legitimate question, without an ounce of hate or judgement (I’m 33 and I won’t claim to like what younger people wear now but I also won’t claim that what I wore as a teen was acceptable to older people either) SERIOUSLY though, the mullets and ugly mo’s by your own quote above are ugly, so... why? Why have them what’s the appeal here?

- poorly shaped hats
I will generally wear whatever shitty caps I have been given (either as gifts or promo) - poorly shaped or not.

It's that hot new 70s era Ken Thompson UNIX fashion trend

hqdefault.jpg

- often short shorts.
The shorts in your pic aren't short - any longer and you'd been in back in the three-quarter pant era.

I say this as a legitimate question, without an ounce of hate or judgement (I’m 33 and I won’t claim to like what younger people wear now but I also won’t claim that what I wore as a teen was acceptable to older people either) SERIOUSLY though, the mullets and ugly mo’s by your own quote above are ugly, so... why? Why have them what’s the appeal here?

Why not? Some people like to have fun with their appearance and also they seem to be trendy again....people always follow trends. Look at the 's**t' haircuts AFL players have these days, others in the public will follow suit.

I for one wore a mullet for about 2-3 weeks about 15 years back after participating in a hair off (see who could go longest without a haircut) - was a bit of fun with a group of mates and after the contest i got a mate to give me a mullet for a good laugh.

I usually cut my own hair as i have a buzz cut but during Iso i got my step daughter to give me the Patrick Cripps hair cut and then a mohawk. Housebound and seeing sfa people, why not have a bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back