Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why not? Some people like to have fun with their appearance and also they seem to be trendy again....people always follow trends. Look at the 'sh*t' haircuts AFL players have these days, others in the public will follow suit.

I for one wore a mullet for about 2-3 weeks about 15 years back after participating in a hair off (see who could go longest without a haircut) - was a bit of fun with a group of mates and after the contest i got a mate to give me a mullet for a good laugh.

The s**t haircuts AFL players have was what i was referring to. I get the "why not" attitude i was more curious if there was more to it.

20201023035442_GettyImages-1281342232.jpg

This guy epitomises the modern flog for me. For those who don't recognise him he's Rhyan Grant and he plays for Sydney FC in the A-League. His old club coach now coaches Australia so he gets to play for Australia too, despite not being that great.

Rhyan is a stupid name anyway, but (I assume) that's not his doing. No one cuts their own mullet and spends $9,000 on a 1984 Toyota Corona unless they are trying really hard to appear cool and edgy. He wears 'baggy sawn off jeans', too. Which probably cost $600 from a boutique in Double Bay. Bondi Hipsters is a parody, m8.

If you don't care about cars, great. If you don't care about fashion, great. If you 'don't care' about these things so much that you go out of your way to spend money to show how people much you don't care... flog.

This guy epitomises the modern flog for me. For those who don't recognise him he's Rhyan Grant and he plays for Sydney FC in the A-League. His old club coach now coaches Australia so he gets to play for Australia too, despite not being that great.

Rhyan is a stupid name anyway, but (I assume) that's not his doing. No one cuts their own mullet and spends $9,000 on a 1984 Toyota Corona unless they are trying really hard to appear cool and edgy. He wears 'baggy sawn off jeans', too. Which probably cost $600 from a boutique in Double Bay. Bondi Hipsters is a parody, m8.

If you don't care about cars, great. If you don't care about fashion, great. If you 'don't care' about these things so much that you go out of your way to spend money to show how people much you don't care... flog.

I would think quite a few would cut their own mullett........they'd be stupid to go and get a professional to give you a mullett

You say he isn't that great, but he has earned his spot in the Socceroos side by being the best RB that we have. He isn't a world-beater but saying he isn't that great is utterly wrong and this is coming from someone that hates that houso wannabe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Safe from what?

I went out for lunch today, walked to restaurant with no mask, put it on to enter and get seated, took it off when seated and didn't put it back on.

It doesn't bother me much but it's just stupid when you sit and think about it. No other state wears them and there is nobody dying or in ICU because of it

I do forget to take it more often now rules have been released haha. Get to shops......'******* mask' and walk back to car and get my mask

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. Still having to wear a mask is *in stupid.

Just the pose looking away from the camera like that is enough to convince me he's a ********.

I don't know who's bitching exactly, but I'd imagine a few; lots of people fly Qantas. Anti-vaxxers run high in the affluent suburbs :p

My issue is strictly the principle of it. Joyce and co don't have the expertise required to make decisions around this. Hell, we're learning today that AstraZeneca has been told it will have to conduct additional trials because its claims of 95 per cent effectiveness appear to have been overstated. That's what happens when you are forced to work this quickly.

I get it that people are afraid, they want life to go back to normal, they are willing to pounce on the possibility of a vaccine. But that doesn't mean we bypass the usual way of doing things or let profit-minded businesses assume decision-making roles.

As the head of a publically listed company he can decide how to run his business as he sees fit. If shareholders don't like it they can turf it out.

Still trying to work out how he is taking on a quasi-government role (news just in...he's not!).

Daughter has been informed today that “restructuring” begins first week back in January

this comes as a result of airlines being given “free parking” at airports across Australia and as a result totally decimated the income of the company that she works for

meanwhile Qantas continues to get handouts while sacking staff to outsource overseas and to make sure shareholders and the CEO are looked after. It’s totally ****ed

Daughter has been informed today that “restructuring” begins first week back in January

this comes as a result of airlines being given “free parking” at airports across Australia and as a result totally decimated the income of the company that she works for

meanwhile Qantas continues to get handouts while sacking staff to outsource overseas and to make sure shareholders and the CEO are looked after. It’s totally f’ed

Its the reality of what the closures will have created - only going to get worse over the next 6-12 months

I went to bed last night feeling perfectly fine. I then proceeded to wake up in the middle of the night and chuck my guts up. Then I woke up perfectly fine this morning.

I have NFI what happened.

Maybe something you ate last night?*

*not salmonella you'd be about dead by now.

Was it a black and white cookie perhaps?

I went to bed last night feeling perfectly fine. I then proceeded to wake up in the middle of the night and chuck my guts up. Then I woke up perfectly fine this morning.

I have NFI what happened.
I had it yesterday, took two valium at four, woke up again six hours later, took two more and slept through until half six, right as rain today. Haven't slept fourteen hours for god knows how long.

Maybe something you ate last night?*

*not salmonella you'd be about dead by now.

Was it a black and white cookie perhaps?

I just had some chicken (from Red Rooster so I didn't cook it myself) and salad. Nobody else was crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back