Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Why Sam Simmons is famous/popular.
2. Why young blokes try to look like him.

If you don't know who he is don't bother finding out. But I've seen a few dudes walking around with crap moustaches, big rimmed glasses (they probably don't need), s**t fashion etc.

Severe male pattern baldness?

Matt Clape's 7 goals is one I always remember. Probably the 19th bloke picked and went out and kicked 7 one game. Averaged one a game the rest of the year. Probably lucky to be on the list other years. I wouldn't even remember him if it wasn't for that one game.

Matt Clape's 7 goals is one I always remember. Probably the 19th bloke picked and went out and kicked 7 one game. Averaged one a game the rest of the year. Probably lucky to be on the list other years. I wouldn't even remember him if it wasn't for that one game.

Daniel Metropolis kicked 6 in his first game (I think 4 with his first 4 kicks) then spent the majority of his career as a back pocket.

I do like a good story of a bloke kicking a bag of goals out of nowhere. Jared Brennan and Daniel Merrett each kicked 7 in a game for Lions on separate occasions. Not something you'd expect.

How Notorious BIG gets inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame over a band like Motorhead. Not only was he around for about 5 minutes in the big scheme of things, there wasn't anything about him besides his attitude that might be considered rock n roll.

Looking forward to Tool winning best hip hop album at the next Grammys. :rolleyes:

Had like five good songs. Tupac being the paranoid schizophrenic makavellian maniac that he was made biggie into a star both before biggie was known, then post 94 shooting.

How Notorious BIG gets inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame over a band like Motorhead. Not only was he around for about 5 minutes in the big scheme of things, there wasn't anything about him besides his attitude that might be considered rock n roll.

Looking forward to Tool winning best hip hop album at the next Grammys. :rolleyes:
That would be almost as good as Jethro Tull beating Metallica for best heavy metal album in 1989.

Because the Rock 'n' Roll HOF is a complete and utter joke and has been for years.

Taylor started off country and country claim her as their own. It wasn't until she found mainstream success that she pretty much ditched the country and went pop. Whether she still identifies as country or has any intention of going country again is another thing altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is/was rock n roll about Ray Charles?

I mean even Depeche Mode. I like Depeche Mode as much as the next person with a discerning taste in music but I wouldn't call them rock n roll.
Violater Songs of Faith and Devotion and Ultra definitely blurred the lines but yeah like NiN not your classic rock band.

Yep and I get the point drd23 is trying to make (albeit poorly) but I don't understand why they don't change it to the popular music hall of fame or something if they want to be diverse. It's a joke in its current state.
Should I have used Little Richard instead?

It may be called the Rock & Roll HoF but its never been strictly about Rock & Roll thanks to its vague criteria. I do agree that it would probably be better served being renamed

It definitely needs to be renamed, as a rock n roll fan it's an absolute farce what is supposed to be an example of the finest musicians of it is actually more of a popular free for all and deregulated in a way that no other half of fame of any named style of music does.

Anthrax messed about with rap rock once, why aren't they in the Hip Hip HOF?

Anway, Survivor, why it's still a thing and people still watch it.

It's one of the better reality shows, better than trashy s**t like MAFS, MKR, The Bachelor and The Block, along with TAR it's the only reality show I watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back