Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfizer: helping old guys have pfun
It's also shown really good promise as pain relief for women during their period.
But Pfizer won't do clinical trials incase new side effects are found

Unfortunately due to my high blood pressure, it just gives me a splitting headache. I've powered on through a couple of times, and immediately wished I hadn't.* **

* years ago, I've still got most of the packet somewhere
** prescribed due to the debilitating side effect of an anti-depressant that just moved the depression downstairs

I'm surprised how many divorces happen to people in their 40s and 50s. I only know a couple of people under 40 that have been married and divorced (some within a year or two, one couple after 10+) but quite a few from mid 40s to 50s. Common themes seem to be staying together while kids are at school or the wife leaving because the husband works too much. I can get the former but I struggle with the latter suddenly being at issue after 20 years.

Stats say the rate per number of marriages is pretty flat from 20s through to 50 then drops off after that. Obviously fewer people get married young now which pushes the average/median divorce age up, and if you are still married at 70 why would you jump ship then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need the cash/fame to avoid the predator label.

Ordinary blokes with an average bankroll need not apply.

Unless you outsource to Asia. I've met plenty of middle aged dudes with much younger Asian wives, none with much younger local ones.

A pudgy middle aged Australian male making an average or bit above average wage isn't going to appeal to most Australian females 20 years younger, but financial security and the opportunity to live here is pretty desirable to a lot of foreigners.

Surely people over the age of 50 stop thinking with their dick as much though?

That women over 50 have the highest rate of homelessness suggests not

That women over 50 have the highest rate of homelessness suggests not

That actually really scares me tbh. Upon retirement age- i could be single still- on a single income my whole life.

I wont have s**t. Except for my apartment.

I think ive just contradicted myself. I'll still have no super tho

I'm surprised how many divorces happen to people in their 40s and 50s. I only know a couple of people under 40 that have been married and divorced (some within a year or two, one couple after 10+) but quite a few from mid 40s to 50s. Common themes seem to be staying together while kids are at school or the wife leaving because the husband works too much. I can get the former but I struggle with the latter suddenly being at issue after 20 years.

Stats say the rate per number of marriages is pretty flat from 20s through to 50 then drops off after that. Obviously fewer people get married young now which pushes the average/median divorce age up, and if you are still married at 70 why would you jump ship then?

Kids grown up and moved out? Then life is just the two of them.....I presume they realise they are bored with each other and not in love (and haven't been for ages)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

That actually really scares me tbh. Upon retirement age- i could be single still- on a single income my whole life.

I wont have sh*t. Except for my apartment.

I think ive just contradicted myself. I'll still have no super tho
So you're relying on a man/woman/partner to get you through 'retirement'?

Did I say that?
No, but if you put things together then in a round about way....

You've quit your job and chosen to be unemployed for a while and admit you have sfa super etc.......and admitted that being single at retirement age scares you so......

I put 2 and 2 together and probably came up with 5......but was wondering.

Not to mention singles usually get forgotten by the government its always about ******* families..
Singles with a job should be able to fend for themselves. Goes the same for familkes, it's mainly only familes on lower incomes who get the real help.

The help goes to those on low incomes

No, but if you put things together then in a round about way....

You've quit your job and chosen to be unemployed for a while and admit you have sfa super etc.......and admitted that being single at retirement age scares you so......

I put 2 and 2 together and probably came up with 5......but was wondering.

I quit my job due to depression and the fact i was ******* miserable.

But its fine im not too stressed. Yet.

Singles with a job should be able to fend for themselves. Goes the same for familkes, it's mainly only familes on lower incomes who get the real help.

The help goes to those on low incomes

lol
"Self funded" retirees say hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back