Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was on the road yesterday, desperately needed refuelling so called into a mackers. "What's on the dollar menu?" "Sorry its just changed, it's now the $2 menu" <grumble> "I'll have two hamburgers and a flat white thanks"

I swear the pattie is 25% thinner than it was this time last year, and breaking it apart to feed the dog, seems to have even more cardboard/filler/extender/wood pulp/whatever.

You get full off Hungry Jacks too, even with the extra cheeseburger with the meal at Mackers you’ll be hungry again soon
yep. im not a huge fast food eater anymore, but growing up in perth, was always a HJs man and i recall HJ stores outnumbering Micky D's for most of my childhood. In recent year,s due to my partners kids swapover with their dad, we have met at service centres and odd occasion i have bought a big mac meal - and im starving afterwards. we switched locations and now its a HJs available, and on the odd occasion have got HJs and it is more filling, partic the double beef with bacon and cheese.

Was on the road yesterday, desperately needed refuelling so called into a mackers. "What's on the dollar menu?" "Sorry its just changed, it's now the $2 menu" <grumble> "I'll have two hamburgers and a flat white thanks"

I swear the pattie is 25% thinner than it was this time last year, and breaking it apart to feed the dog, seems to have even more cardboard/filler/extender/wood pulp/whatever.
sounds like a bit of a deal

When you get a refund from a business or corporation and it takes 3-5 days etc....what actually happens with this money? Do they not process it that day and wait 3 days? Do they set a date for the money to be released? Does it go to a 3rd party who pays it 3 days later?

What's the reason they do it anyway? They take our money instantly but take 3-5 days to refund etc?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

When you get a refund from a business or corporation and it takes 3-5 days etc....what actually happens with this money? Do they not process it that day and wait 3 days? Do they set a date for the money to be released? Does it go to a 3rd party who pays it 3 days later?

What's the reason they do it anyway? They take our money instantly but take 3-5 days to refund etc?

Sweating is a slow process

In the process of sweating, coins were placed in a bag and shaken.
The bits of metal that had worn off the coins were recovered from the bottom of the bag.
Sweating tended to wear the coin in a more natural way than clipping, and so was harder to detect.

I get why people wear sunglasses on gloomy/overcast days
I know people might keep their sunnies on their head while going out for lunch (still puzzled by it but oh well)

But what I currently don't understand is people that wear sunnies on their head AT work in an indoor environment ? What kind of a metro flog are they ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand this is judgy but ehh

I don't understand what people wear outside their house.

Footy outfits - ok if you are 12 - club polo after that age

Cosplay outfits - ok if you are going to an event

Onesies - no just no

But the one that makes me realise society is going to s**t is wearing your pyjamas to go shopping .

Not shorts or a t you happen to wear to bed but full flannies or flannel bottoms and a oversized t-shirt with no bra is you giving up on life.

Don't just don't - have more pride in your life

I'm known to nick down to Coles whilst still wearing my tackies, thongs and oodie thing. Couldn't care less what others think of me based off seeing what I'm wearing. Didn't think that translated into having no pride in my life.

I'm known to nick down to Coles whilst still wearing my tackies, thongs and oodie thing. Couldn't care less what others think of me based off seeing what I'm wearing. Didn't think that translated into having no pride in my life.

All is forgiven unless you wear crocs.

I understand this is judgy but ehh

I don't understand what people wear outside their house.

Footy outfits - ok if you are 12 - club polo after that age

Cosplay outfits - ok if you are going to an event

Onesies - no just no

But the one that makes me realise society is going to sh*t is wearing your pyjamas to go shopping .

Not shorts or a t you happen to wear to bed but full flannies or flannel bottoms and a oversized t-shirt with no bra is you giving up on life.

Don't just don't - have more pride in your life
Suitjamas are ok though
suitjamas-silk-business-suit-pajamas-xl.jpg

This and other similar situations ..
I have always thought they put it in the international money market. Mucho money can be made there quickly.

This and other similar situations ..
I have always thought they put it in the international money market. Mucho money can be made there quickly.

What about when bands announce a concert and sell the tickets even a year before it? Or when you have these big delays due to COVID and they encourage you to hang onto the tickets? This shits me, they’re using our money during that time no doubt

What about when bands announce a concert and sell the tickets even a year before it? Or when you have these big delays due to COVID and they encourage you to hang onto the tickets? This shits me, they’re using our money during that time no doubt
The trend in the US is called trip stacking
You order 2 holidays at the same time and go to the one that allows Americans to travel to and delay the other

Just book 2 concerts at once

Its why s00z has 2 foxtels

I don't understand Brazilian politics.

Bolsonaro is a corporatist US puppet, the Trump of the South. He and his cronies have continued the proud tradition of the ruling party raping and plundering the country and its resources while trumpeting their Men of the People credentials. Don't even get started on the covid mess. He has ruthlessly used the corporate media and justice system to imprison, harass, or disqualify from election those who oppose him. (In fact, he would never have been elected if the previous front-runner, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, hadn't been convicted on false charges by a judge who later became Bolsonaro's Justice Minister. The conviction was overturned and the charges thrown out but by then, of course, it was too late.)

Now the same justice system is threatening to catch up with his corrupt regime, they have been painted as the Enemies of the People and Bolsonaro has rallied support against the Supreme Court for "plotting a coup." Goodbye whatever passed for a fragile democracy in Brazil, here's your next dictator. There won't be any sanctions, of course, nor freedom missiles or bombs, or troops bringing democracy, because Bolsonaro is on Washington's most-favoured-friend list.

And like Trump, Bolsonaro has the uncanny ability to take otherwise perfectly sane, reasonable, family men like my mate here and turn them into raving arseholes.

balsonaro.jpg

I don't understand Brazilian politics.

Bolsonaro is a corporatist US puppet, the Trump of the South. He and his cronies have continued the proud tradition of the ruling party raping and plundering the country and its resources while trumpeting their Men of the People credentials. Don't even get started on the covid mess. He has ruthlessly used the corporate media and justice system to imprison, harass, or disqualify from election those who oppose him. (In fact, he would never have been elected if the previous front-runner, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, hadn't been convicted on false charges by a judge who later became Bolsonaro's Justice Minister. The conviction was overturned and the charges thrown out but by then, of course, it was too late.)

Now the same justice system is threatening to catch up with his corrupt regime, they have been painted as the Enemies of the People and Bolsonaro has rallied support against the Supreme Court for "plotting a coup." Goodbye whatever passed for a fragile democracy in Brazil, here's your next dictator. There won't be any sanctions, of course, nor freedom missiles or bombs, or troops bringing democracy, because Bolsonaro is on Washington's most-favoured-friend list.

And like Trump, Bolsonaro has the uncanny ability to take otherwise perfectly sane, reasonable, family men like my mate here and turn them into raving arseholes.

View attachment 1229290
Some people like a leader that allows them to justify all their own worst instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back