Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I don't think looking at equipment involved is a valid or definitive criteria.

Sailing requires equipment most of us cannot afford and not many would argue it's not a sport. Tag involves no equipment at all, but not many would argue it's a sport.

Chess?
Horse racing?
Hopscotch?
E-sports?

Just curious as to what the people of BigFooty would classify the above...

chess: board game
Horse Racing: past time/gamblor
hopsctoch: schoolyard game
e sports: videogame

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I meant balls/sticks etc not clothing

You cant play footy without a ball
You cant win a GP without a car

You can run/swim nude

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not without getting arrested.

Also you could grab a pine cone to play footy at the extremes you’re going to.

I’ve often said that stuff like running and swimming and biathlon are almost not sports as they’ve evolved from survival requirements whereas footy, basketball etc is purely recreation and entertainment.

Asked for some feedback on an interview I had recently.

This was the response I got

"Regretfully I am unable to provide you feedback as that is against our company policy."

Like, wtf? What kind of company would write that into their policy?
Was it a big one?
International head office?

I reckon my work would have policies like that

Asked for some feedback on an interview I had recently.

This was the response I got

"Regretfully I am unable to provide you feedback as that is against our company policy."

Like, wtf? What kind of company would write that into their policy?
Company I used to work for had this, they were concerned non successful applicants woukd use any feedback given to pursue unfair employment practices. Personally I thought it was absurd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it a big one?
International head office?

I reckon my work would have policies like that
It was VACC.

I didn't really want the job anyway after they said they wanted four days in the office, but thought I interviewed reasonably well given their head of people called me the same week.

Company I used to work for had this, they were concerned non successful applicants woukd use any feedback given to pursue unfair employment practices. Personally I thought it was absurd.
Dickheads

I'm not sure what I would even say in that situation. It would be generic and not at all helpful, I reckon. "We just found a more experienced candidate" or some rubbish like that.

I've gone from working for small-mid sized companies my entire life to a large company now. The policies are ridiculous, literally had to do a mini seminar on why you must not be under the influence of drugs and alcohol at work.

I'm not sure what I would even say in that situation. It would be generic and not at all helpful, I reckon. "We just found a more experienced candidate" or some rubbish like that.

I've gone from working for small-mid sized companies my entire life to a large company now. The policies are ridiculous, literally had to do a mini seminar on why you must not be under the influence of drugs and alcohol at work.
So you're not in sales or upper management then

A lot of it is about angles (in terms of kicking, running and off-the-ball positioning). Gaining territory is about creating space, and that means using field geometry and ball location to manoeuvre your players and those of the opposition to create exploitable gaps.

personally like craigos I prefer union by a large margin, but there is certainly something to be said for the faster and more open style of play engendered by having no rucks, no proper forward pack and four fewer players on the field

Union is all about the phases. You can have the ball in the opposition 22 for 5, 10, 15 or more phases and go absolutely nowhere. Likewise you can hold territory without possession and pin the opposition down looking for a turnover.

In league it's just a set of 6 then a high kick almost every single time. It's exciting when there are runs and line breaks and the ball is thrown wide but there's no breakdown game, no real scrums, no mauls, no line outs. There's the odd penalty and drop goal but mostly it's just tries and conversions. I prefer the 5-3-3-2 scoring to 4-2-2-1 also.

Watching last night's game NSW were all over Qld. If it was union Qld would've slowed the game down and tried to retain possession and make NSW defend multiple phases to get the ball back. And NSW would've just kept steamrolling through scoring tries on 7th and 8th tackles.

Yeah I’m not sure I’ve followed that one all the time (particularly during lockdown ha ha)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back