Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Every country has there version of Indo.

Yanks think Indo is beautiful and glamorous but also know the Bahamas is a shitty tourist infested bucket.

Europeans also think Indo is amazing but know that Malaga and Ibiza are filled with mouthy chavs.

South east Asia in general is stunning and most of the Aussies there are fine. The 3-4% of bogans going for a cheap tattoo and 15,000 bintangs are a necessary evil.

Is there one part of bali less boganised? Ie a more expensive area that is still cheap by aussie standards but too expensive for bogans?
We’ve always stayed in Seminyak. Used to be far enough away from Kuta and just a bit pricier, not sure that still works.

Ubud is nice too but no beaches and pretty hippy (if that’s your thing)

A) that he/she showers?
B) that you think it takes more than one person to do the dishes?
C) that he/she didn't invite you into the shower with them?

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That they shower. They must get in there thinking, "what the * is wrong with this hot water?" Lol

We’ve always stayed in Seminyak. Used to be far enough away from Kuta and just a bit pricier, not sure that still works.

Ubud is nice too but no beaches and pretty hippy (if that’s your thing)

I was there at the start of 2020, gotten even more pricey. I think I paid the equivalent of 17 bucks for Grill'd (yep I really branched out ha ha)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you go to Woolies and you've earned $10 off the shop because you've hit a certain reward mark and they ask if you want to use it.

Okay they're probably required to legally or something, but unless your shop has been less than $10, does anyone say to them "Nah, I'm going let that baby ride..."?

When you go to Woolies and you've earned $10 off the shop because you've hit a certain reward mark and they ask if you want to use it.

Okay they're probably required to legally or something, but unless your shop has been less than $10, does anyone say to them "Nah, I'm going let that baby ride..."?

Plenty of people do. Or at least they did when I worked at Coles where they have Flybuys. It came up on the screen but most people said no as they use the points on other stuff. I don't know how the Woolies card works, though.

Just turn the hot water back on in the sink
Yeah, I do. I just wonder whether or not they not know that me running the tap affects their shower? Seems unlikely, but hard to explain otherwise.

A lot of people take the reward as a Qantas point conversion instead of cash off their shop

You're from Perth though, it's basically another city of WA. You're right though, the majority of people who take the piss out of Bali are those that have never been and think they're superior because they holidayed in Paris.

Bali (Kuta) used to be drunk Aussie bogans embarrassing themselves and the already tarnished reputation of Australians overseas. All the while many people went on family holidays to resorts in Seminyak, Legian etc. because it was much cheaper than an equivalent holiday on the Gold Coast or the Whitsundays etc.

That's still the case, but now there's a new class of Bali tourist that goes to yoga retreats and takes original and creative photos on the wooden swing at Gili Trawangan and pays 100,000 Rupiah (about $10) to a stallholder for a serong instead of bartering and bangs on every moment being a deeply spiritual experience.

I've been once years ago. It's fine, as a holiday destination it really does offer something for everyone. And the long suffering locals really are lovely. I'm realistic about it though. People make all kinds of justifications for going there for some reason but at the end of the day it's cheap and the equivalent of a domestic flight away.

Plenty of people do. Or at least they did when I worked at Coles where they have Flybuys. It came up on the screen but most people said no as they use the points on other stuff. I don't know how the Woolies card works, though.

Hmm, fair enough. It's never been presented to me as "You've earned a bonus on your rewards card, what would you like to use it for?", it's always been some variant of "You've earned $10 off your next shop, do you want to use it now?"

I'm quite happy to accept that it's my own ignorance to blame here, but shouldn't they frame it a different way for people who may actually prefer the other bonuses?

The wife uses it for the big weekly shop and not some random $20 shop

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back