Science/Environment Things more likely to give you blood clots than Covid vaccines.

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Covid-19

Professor Sir Munir Pirmohamed, the chair of the Committee of Human Medicines, has stressed how it is "important to remember COVID-19 itself causes clotting and it causes lower platelets".

He also said despite more women getting blood clots after the jab, there is no evidence women are more likely to develop them.

He outlined how a recent paper had found:

• Pulmonary embolism, or clotting on the lungs, occurs in 7.8% of people who have COVID-19
• Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), or clotting in the legs, occurs in 11.2% of people who have COVID-19
• Of those who have COVID-19 and end up in an intensive therapy unit (ITU), 23% will have some form of clot
• COVID-19 causes strokes in 1.6% of people
• Up to 30% of people who have COVID-19 will get thrombocytopenia, which is a lowering of the platelet count.

skynews-vaccine-astrazeneca_5333508.jpg
Reality Television.

I’ve got a hereditary blood clotting disorder anyway 🤷‍♀️ dont need no virus or vax or force majeure to enjoy that sweet clotting. My dad is very prone to both clotting AND anaphylactic AND doesnt like needles :$ but Covid would finish his shite immune system so he already got the jab of course anyway.

Last edited:
1. Covid-19

Professor Sir Munir Pirmohamed, the chair of the Committee of Human Medicines, has stressed how it is "important to remember COVID-19 itself causes clotting and it causes lower platelets".

He also said despite more women getting blood clots after the jab, there is no evidence women are more likely to develop them.

He outlined how a recent paper had found:

• Pulmonary embolism, or clotting on the lungs, occurs in 7.8% of people who have COVID-19
• Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), or clotting in the legs, occurs in 11.2% of people who have COVID-19
• Of those who have COVID-19 and end up in an intensive therapy unit (ITU), 23% will have some form of clot
• COVID-19 causes strokes in 1.6% of people
• Up to 30% of people who have COVID-19 will get thrombocytopenia, which is a lowering of the platelet count.

skynews-vaccine-astrazeneca_5333508.jpg
Could I ask if women being higher in number of clotting, after the AZ jab, does that mean it is just chance in numbers, or are women more prone. I think you may have answered that, but just clarifying there might be more info out now? Thank.

jokes aside, the feedback on the chinese vaccine is pretty meh. apparently costs around USD 30 a dose, and is rumoured to be around 50% effective

zero word on the russian program (russians are sayings its over 90% effective, but no independent study has been done to validate this)

The current daily infection numbers in Russia certainly doesn't support their claim

75% bots.

Again what makes me laugh is that many who use every opportunity to bash China seem to be the first to fall for their disinformation campaigns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healthy children and younger adults have more chance of being struck by lightning than having a seriously bad health outcome or death from Covid.

Ordinary people have effectively 80% natural efficacy against covid and that’s probably 95% for the demographic you refer to.

The vaccine provides 90% efficacy

To me this suggest Pfizer is a reasonable risk at younger ages but not AZ given the reported issues

I’ve got a hereditary blood clotting disorder anyway 🤷‍♀️ dont need no virus or vax or force majeure to enjoy that sweet clotting. My dad is very prone to both clotting AND anaphylactic AND doesnt like needles :$ but Covid would finish his sh*te immune system so he already got the jab of course anyway.

They seem to be having a hard time predicting who will have adverse reactions.
Apparently those with pre-existing blood clotting issues, have not been more likely to have blood clots from the vaccine , or from Covid.

Marcel Proust, you have 48 hours to post a link, confirming your assertion. If you do not post a link, you will be threadbanned from this thread, and I will ask Chief to place the welcher badge upon your profile.

I will allow a 6 hour window from this post for you to withdraw your claims here, I will remove your posts in here as an assertion that your claims were found to lack merit.

These are your options. Choose.

Last edited:
Its possible that the news was referring to results of a study with 33 adolescents and children exhibiting signs of myocarditis.

Note that Myocarditis can also be triggered by Covid19.

None of the 33 included patients presented with congestive heart failure or required intensive care treatment, inotropic support, or immunoglobulin or steroid therapy (Box 1). Fourteen patients (42%) had rising troponin levels at presentation; eight had ECG changes typical for pericarditis, but no arrhythmias were detected by inpatient telemetry. Left ventricular systolic function was normal at presentation in 29 patients and mildly impaired in four (Box 2), and was normal in all patients by follow-up. Tissue Doppler velocity, a marker of cardiac function, was normal for the thirty patients with technically satisfactory data; the median global longitudinal strain value was normal (20%; interquartile range [IQR], 18.5–20%).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back