Things players do that amaze you

Remove this Banner Ad

aflcliche

Club Legend
May 26, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Obviously there's many, but off the top of my head,
They seem as fast and fit last ten minutes of the game as they are the first. Barely look tired. I get it that's what supreme fitness allows, but its still amazing. If you see vision of very old games the players are stumbling exhausted in the last. On the same note, right after a game they're able to still jog and interact with the crowd. Again fitness levels allowing speedy recover. Other things is how they recover so fast from knocks and heavy collisions and still keep going in hard.

What more for you?

The way players manage pinpoint passing through traffic is worth mentioning. As a spectator, you have a nice, safe, clear view of the action on the ground, and still there are always those "how did he do that?" kicks to a teammate in every match. But imagine witnessing the same passages of play from the first-person perspective of Scott Pendlebury or Sam Mitchell, it really would be astounding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The composure under immediate physical pressure to spot a target and hit the, lace out, without premeditating it. If you've played the game (and aren't particularly gifted) you might understand the notion of 'tunnel vision' - no matter what, when you get the ball, all you can see is directly in front of you and everything you can't see is apparent to you as someone about to tackle you. It's something that can't really be taught, but amazes me at every level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back