Society & Culture Things That Gross You Out

Remove this Banner Ad

I have recently managed to stay silent. Give me a cockroach, snake or spider any day.
Yep, half asleep every day at preston station, I see a big * off rat. Then on the way home they literally run past me. ******* scare the s**t out of me. Disgusting and the station needs to do something about it

Fear of crashing, fear of it being hijacked, fear of being shut in, fear of heights.

Look it could happen but you could be in a car accident as well.

Weirdest thing happened to me. Was on a flight back to Melbourne and the pilot missed the landing (as in got the coordinates wrong and was instructed to re set and try again) But decided to do a hard left (like missing the exit on a freeway) and the plane went dead set horizontal. Everyone thou started laughing rather than panic. No guarantees but modern aircraft are as safe as anything.

Weirdest thing happened to me. Was on a flight back to Melbourne and the pilot missed the landing (as in got the coordinates wrong and was instructed to re set and try again) But decided to do a hard left (like missing the exit on a freeway) and the plane went dead set horizontal. Everyone thou started laughing rather than panic. No guarantees but modern aircraft are as safe as anything.

Yeah i probably would have ******* freaked the * out if i was on that plane.

Fear of crashing, fear of it being hijacked, fear of being shut in, fear of heights.
yeah, this

Purchased return flights from Istanbul to Cairo with Egyptair long before I knew of their terrible safety record. Only took the initiative to research the airline days out from the flight. This coming from someone who is so terrified of flying that I can't even sleep on a 15 hour flight due to nerves

First flight with them was pretty decent. The return flight was fine for the most part, except that a horrifically loud noise came from under the plane as we were preparing to land. Sounded and felt like something massive had hit the bottom of the plane. We jolted and then it felt like we were freefalling metres at a time. My mate and I just looked at each other, hyperventilating, ready to die. Mate had real tears in his eyes. Other passengers were panicking too. Turned out fine after all, but the plane looked and smelt as if it was on its last legs when we got off

I hate knowing I’m so high. And can’t get out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, this

Purchased return flights from Istanbul to Cairo with Egyptair long before I knew of their terrible safety record. Only took the initiative to research the airline days out from the flight. This coming from someone who is so terrified of flying that I can't even sleep on a 15 hour flight due to nerves

First flight with them was pretty decent. The return flight was fine for the most part, except that a horrifically loud noise came from under the plane as we were preparing to land. Sounded and felt like something massive had hit the bottom of the plane. We jolted and then it felt like we were freefalling metres at a time. My mate and I just looked at each other, hyperventilating, ready to die. Mate had real tears in his eyes. Other passengers were panicking too. Turned out fine after all, but the plane looked and smelt as if it was on its last legs when we got off
A few weeks after the shoe bomb over Sinai, I was on a on a domestic flight in Egypt. Soon after take off, the dude in front of me pulled out his phone, played some arabic music and started chanting in arabic. Thought that was going to be my last flight ever. :sick:

Eating with your mouth open- disgusting.
I didn't realise this was something adults did until a few years ago. FFS were these people raised by wolves? What blows my mind is that people who are married do it and their partners are normal people. How does it not grate on them 3 meals a day???

9e161eaa19a61e572d66f82d16fc047f.gif

Courtesy of SaltPeter from the Interesting Rumours and Tidbits Thread:
Urban legend from a long time ago..
A 20 year old uni student left at home while his parent head off to Europe for a 4 week holiday. 3rd weekend in, a few mates come home with more drinks after the pub shuts. Soon enough his old mans spirit cabinet is getting raided.

A few hours later some bright spark thinks a game of “secret s**t” would be enormous entertainment. So everyone disappears and take it turns to snap a turd off somewhere in the house. Then shortly afterwards, all the excited lads start running around the house searching for hidden turds, just like they did as children searching for Easter eggs.

Anyway, after an hour all bar 1 of the turds is found with everyone heading home or passing out.

A few weeks later with the family sitting around the breakfast table, dad with toast and eggs on the plate in front him finds the missing turd as he is running his knife through the butter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back