Society & Culture Things That Gross You Out

Remove this Banner Ad

As the title suggests, I was thinking of different things that just make me go 'eeewwww'. These can be ongoing things, such as:
  • The smell of vomit - especially other peoples. Makes me want to be sick myself
  • Someone sneezing or burping without covering their mouth
  • The smell of potato bake, cheese, and depending on the form, garlic
Or they can be isolated incidents, such as this one:
  • The time I was looking for some Voltaren gel and found a box of condoms that I'm 99% sure would be used by my parents. Not exactly a nice thought
Does anyone else have certain situations that make them go 'eeewwww'?

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
- Spitting

- The clearing throat/groaning/harking sounds old men make as soon as they approach a urinal, as if it is mandated by law that they must do this

- People licking their fingers during a meal or even worse while cooking, wipe your hand you pig

- Greasy/poorly cleaned utensils

- Dogs allowed inside places where food is served

- Dogs in general

- Big brown cockroaches

- Men wearing footwear that exposes their feet

- Shoes indoors

- Spitting

- The clearing throat/groaning/harking sounds old men make as soon as they approach a urinal, as if it is mandated by law that they must do this

- People licking their fingers during a meal or even worse while cooking, wipe your hand you pig

- Dogs in general

- Big brown cockroaches

- Shoes indoors

Omg yes yes and yes to all those.

• Rearranging the jewels while standing and talking to you

I'm guilty of this, one more than one occasion. I hate that I do it, but you know how uncomfortable it is

- Spitting

- Dogs in general

- Big brown cockroaches

- Shoes indoors

Clearing throat sounds are yuck, agree there. Licking fingers, eww. Dogs are okay - wet dogs are a big no though. I don't like cockroaches but I'm not grossed out by them like moths and flies. Not sure about shoes though, I wear shoes inside all the time. Probably just a comfort thing - don't really like the thought of my feet being exposed all the time

As I type this message, however, I was just tasked with removing a big cockroach at least 5cm long. Am I the only one that gets as close as possible with the Raid and sprays from point blank? Just like the make sure it's cooked rather than risk having it run away

Was at camp in Port Campbell when moths the size of dinner plates flew into the room at supper time. I ran screaming into the night..

yuck.gif

Another thing I just thought of - people who stand in public places and launch off a huge 'snot rocket' - absolutely disgusting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guilty of this, on more than one occasion. I hate that I do it, but you know how uncomfortable it is

No I don’t
And I’m sure I’d have you squirming if I stood in front of you scratching and readjusting :D

No I don’t
And I’m sure I’d have you squirming if I stood in front of you scratching and readjusting :D

Oh boy, sorry, I only just saw you were female :oops: which makes my comment seem pretty weird now

But surely another bloke out there understands what I'm saying

Oh boy, sorry, I only just saw you were female :oops: which makes my comment seem pretty weird now

But surely another bloke out there understands what I'm saying

Its fine :D my husband and son tell me the same thing. It’s just one of those strange things where there seems to be a complete lack of awareness at times

I'm guilty of this, one more than one occasion. I hate that I do it, but you know how uncomfortable it is

Clearing throat sounds are yuck, agree there. Licking fingers, eww. Dogs are okay - wet dogs are a big no though. I don't like cockroaches but I'm not grossed out by them like moths and flies. Not sure about shoes though, I wear shoes inside all the time. Probably just a comfort thing - don't really like the thought of my feet being exposed all the time

As I type this message, however, I was just tasked with removing a big cockroach at least 5cm long. Am I the only one that gets as close as possible with the Raid and sprays from point blank? Just like the make sure it's cooked rather than risk having it run away

View attachment 594841

Another thing I just thought of - people who stand in public places and launch off a huge 'snot rocket' - absolutely disgusting

******* cockroaches. Had one in my room, sprayed it.. went to make popcorn give it time to die... go back. Its gone. Sit there eating popcorn v scared.. it dropped down on me i scream chuck the popcorn (at it idk..) grabbed a shoe belt the living s**t outta it. Spent next 20 mins cleaning up popcorn.

You are in Australia.

Yes, which doesn't help. The problem with flies started when I was in Kinder, and a fly flew straight into my mouth, and buzzed around. It eventually flew out, but the whole feeling of it being inside my mouth and the noise it made still sends a shiver down my spine

People who see a celebrity in public and freak out. I was at my brothers graduation and Kane Lambert walks though the door and is instantly crowded by parents wanting pictures.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Eating with your mouth open- disgusting.

Bad BO, ok in a gym setting etc, (fresh sweat) but that ingrained in your clothes BO smell peels the skin off your nasal passages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back