Things that have happened since Essendon last won a final

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
We take the micky all the time but has anyone actually collated a list in the one place of all the things that have happened since Essendon last won a final?

Super keen to hear what has transpired across both your personal life, and the actual world itself in the last 19-20 years since Essendon last won a final.

Share away

Personally speaking, I wasn’t legally old enough to drink, vote or drive last time Essendon won a final.

Since then, I’ve achieved long service leave with a major bank.

I reach a decade of marriage before finals this year.

I am upto 2 children, one being in primary school and only a couple of years off high school.

I purchased a 1993 Honda Prelude as a first car, and it was only 12 years old when I did.

I got my first job, working security at the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne.

What would you like to share?

I took over the New Republic after a brutal galactic-wide campaign, established trade routes with the Chiss Ascendency, drove out the riff-raff from the Unknown Regions, established peace and prosperity within the new Galactic Empire and stablised hyperspace fluctuations just outside the galaxy just so I could go into the Milky Way and terraform Pluto to make it slightly bigger in order to classify it as a planet.

Essendon’s oldest player, Dyson Heppell, still wasn’t a teenager yet.

6 of their current listed players weren’t even born.

The father of two of their current father and son recruits still hadn’t debuted himself.

Their head coach was still in the peak of his career.

Their senior assistant coach was only 3 years into his playing career.

At least 3 of their other assistant coaches hadn’t made their AFL playing debuts.

They also got busted for a club-wide doping program, had most of its list suspended for it and had to play a laughable year with 'top up' players...in which Carlton still managed to lose to them.
200w.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond won 3 flags which is probably worst case scenario for * supporters so that makes me double happy.

Last edited:
Richmond won 3 flags which is probably worst cast scenario for * supporters so that makes me double happy.

And Collingwood won two Premierships, and we only had to play in four Grand Finals to win them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back