Education & Reference Things that Have you Lose Concept of Time.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chris Pine was born on the same day as Macauley Culkin

Jacinta Ardern and Martina Hingis were born around the same time.

I initially interpreted that as "Chris Pyne" and was running all sorts of "what if" swapped at birth scenarios through my mind. It was a fun minute or so.

The burglars would've fubared Christopher!

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Remember when Sidney Poitier was an iconic exception, managing to transcend race despite some racially-charged roles, and for a long time was the only black person to have won a Best Actor/Actress Oscar? Well now he is also the longest ago living winner of Best Actor (for Lillies of the Field, 1963). Next is Gene Hackman (The French Connection, 1971).

The catch to historically being won by old white guys. They die off quicker.

For Best Actress, we recently lost centurions like Luise Rainer and Olivia de Havilland. Now the longest ago living winner is Paul Newman's widow Joanne Woodward (The Three Faces of Eve, 1957). Sophia Loren is next for Two Women (1961). Both Poitier and Woodward also happen to be the oldest living winners too, despite winning around the ages of 38 & 27 respectively.

The oldest living Best Actor/Actress nominee fields are:
Actor: 1992 - PACINO over Downey Jnr. | Eastwood | Rea | D.Washington (recent deaths of Finney & von Sydow killed off the 80s)
Actress: 1971 - J.FONDA over Christie | V. Redgrave | G.Jackson | Suzman

If those 5 ladies can survive into April 10th 2022, then that will mark 50 years since the 44th Academy Awards ceremony. All in the first half of their 80s now.

Last edited:

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
The Moscow Olympics were 40 years ago. I still remember them like they were yesterday even though I was only 12 at the time.

Same age as me then.

Ghengis Khan - Moscow, Moscow, bloody Russians everywhere, in their dirty underwear, ho, ho, ho, ho , ho, ha.

I remember the story at the time that when the javelin was in progress, whenever a Russian athlete stepped up to throw, officials opened the gates at the end of the stadium to create a wind tunnel to help them thrown further.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Next year it will be 35 years since You're The Voice / Whispering Jack were released.

This year is the 35th anniversary of Live Aid.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
On Macauley Culkin

Macauley Culkin at age 40 is now four years older than Catherine O'Hara, the actress who played his mother was at the time Home Alone was produced in 1990, and the same age the late John Candy was at the time.

Some more like this:

Fred Savage, who played Kevin Arnold in The Wonder Years from 1988-1993 is now 44, 3 years older than co-star Dan Lauria was when he commenced in the role of Jack Arnold (Kevin's father) in 1988

The youngest member of the Young Talent Time team was Courtney Compagnino, who was born in 1977 and had a three year tenure on the show from 1986 until it finished at the end of 1988. Courtney is now two years older than the host of YTT Johnny Young was when the show ended.

Australian actress Kate Richie who was born in 1978 began on Home and Away in 1988 in the role of Sally, which she held for 20 years. She is now just two years younger than co-star Ray Meagher was when the show commenced in 1988, Meagher still with the show today in his role of Alf Stewart.

I remember finding out Van Gough died in 1890 something.i always assumed he was like a renaissance guy.

Technically the Ottoman Empire didn’t fall until the early 1920s.

I always assumed Einstein was "around" much earlier than he actually was. He liked died in the 50s wtaf.

Its also extremely weird to think that my own mother was born not long after WWII.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
I always assumed Einstein was "around" much earlier than he actually was. He liked died in the 50s wtaf.

Its also extremely weird to think that my own mother was born not long after WWII.

Much like how Chaplin and Picasso died in 1977 and 1973 respectively.

Back