Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a blind date similar to that once (although not due to arguments or hate admittedly). Poor girl was so socially awkward. Every time I'd try to drum up conversation she'd respond with one word answers that were spoken very quietly. Got to the point where eating in silence just seemed like the better idea.
It seems like you have bad luck with women Jatz!

I had a blind date similar to that once (although not due to arguments or hate admittedly). Poor girl was so socially awkward. Every time I'd try to drum up conversation she'd respond with one word answers that were spoken very quietly. Got to the point where eating in silence just seemed like the better idea.

PM me her contact details

I've observed what I think was a blind date like this, except both parties were as awkward as each other.

Struggled to look away.

Hook a brother up. I'm quite a nervous lad myself and I usually prefer the quieter type.

Chatty chicks just annoy me too much

The other day I came across the polar opposite.

This couple were seated at the table next to us and in the hour that I was seated near them, they said not a single thing to one another; not a thing. There were plenty of glares though.

Clearly either post-argument or they just hate each other. Or both.

It was awkward in the extreme, though. The chill in the air almost froze me to death.

Anyone that tries to talk to me while eating will get the death stare :D

Some conversation pre and post meal is ok, some but not a lot. I'm not there to chit chat, it's hard enough hearing and responding due to the noise of the place anyway (too many others talking at the top of their own voices, I'm not adding to it).

So you barely say anything before or after the meal and you sit in silence during it?

Like I've said some conversation is fine, try not to have serious life or death talk at that time as it's so hard to hear. I hate conversation WHILE eating a meal, not only is it uncomfortable to watch but it's also rude when someone is speaking with their mouth full. Zero conversation while eating is my preference :).

You're supposed to be eating, not talking while stuffing your face.

Honestly I also hate conversation while eating which is why I always prefer eating alone. I wouldn't go out for dinner and just sit in silence though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I also hate conversation while eating which is why I always prefer eating alone. I wouldn't go out for dinner and just sit in silence though.

I'm not saying sit in silence before and after the meal. Its during the eating process itself is what irritates me the most :). Some people NEED conversation all of the time, I don't.

I'm not saying sit in silence before and after the meal. Its during the eating process itself is what irritates me the most :). Some people NEED conversation all of the time, I don't.

I agree with you. Minimal conversation while eating is idea.

I've observed what I think was a blind date like this, except both parties were as awkward as each other.

Struggled to look away.
So did the table next to us (which had 5 or 6 20 year old women who thought the whole thing was hilarious). I'm not sure if she noticed or not but I can't imagine it helped her much.

Judge Jonathan Brown.:$

I had a similar experience at the end of last year. I actually went on a second date just to see if it was nerves or if she was just socially awkward. It didn't go beyond a 3rd date but I did get a Joe Root.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back