Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reeks of wannabe Liverpool club. It's sickening watching it, let alone seeing the fans singing along.
Come on, they've been a club since 2007, it is steeped in history. And don't give me that Port Adelaide Magpies rubbish, either.

Also, not sure if legit, but their motto according to wikipedia is "we are Port Adelaide". Genius!!

Not sure if mentioned, but Port's Never Tear Us Apart crap is possibly the cringiest thing in the AFL, which dines out on cringe. Manufactured, unoriginal bollocks.
Yes, it's cringe factor 11/10. Obviously most Port supporters are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but I can't fathom how anyone thinks singing that horrible song is a good idea.

If you are going have an FU song, how about Rage against the Machine Killing in the Name of....

Yes, it's cringe factor 11/10. Obviously most Port supporters are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but I can't fathom how anyone thinks singing that horrible song is a good idea.

If you are going have an FU song, how about Rage against the Machine Killing in the Name of....
Holy sh*t, that would be epic as a team song.

Didn't one of the Farris brothers yell out "Go East Fremantle" when interviewed at a Port match a few years back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather support that than the ARU.

The IPRC won't get off the ground and rugby will die in WA.
Despite the South African connection I always thought Perth was an over reach for the ARU. Which is a real shame for the fans there, at least you're still likely to see a bit of Test rugby, although with any luck Adelaide Oval will change in the near.

Despite the South African connection I always thought Perth was an over reach for the ARU. Which is a real shame for the fans there, at least you're still likely to see a bit of Test rugby, although with any luck Adelaide Oval will change in the near.

http://www.aru.com.au/portals/1/SUPPORTING-DOCUMENTATION-THE-FUTURE-OF-SUPER-RUGBY.pdf

The report assessed various criteria under four pillars as provided below:

• Financial performance: including community investment, ARU support (historical funding), future financial risk, full season memberships, average attendances, TV viewership, state participation numbers, state club numbers.
• Rugby - High Performance factors: including historical team performance, quality of program and future potential (people, infrastructure, systems, strategy), Wallaby contribution, player salaries.
• Rugby - Commercial factors: including Stadium commitments, Government support & infrastructure, market analysis of sports fans and people interested in Rugby, market size - % of Australian Rugby fan base, market interest in the team and Super Rugby competition, social media metrics, and competitive landscape.
• Other factors: including status of economy, market implications.

The ARU like most people East of the Nullarbor have no idea.

WA produces more players than the ACT or Victoria. Published in their own press release.
The Force win more games (very marginally) on average than the Rebels, pre and post the Rebels joining the comp.
The Force cost the ARU less money. Published in their own press release.
The Force have more supporters.

Everything that comes out of the mouths of the ARU Board makes me cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back