Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know people with regular names that are misspelled/mispronounced often. Ditto people with non Anglo-Saxon names. Being called Siobhan or Roisin means a lifetime of 'Can you spell that please?' and 'Roy-sin? Is there a Roy-sin here?'. And Celtic names have been here as long as white people have. Harder if you are called Željko or something or have a 15 letter surname. But that's just difference cultures having different language groups and different naming conventions.

Must be a real pain in the dick to be named Galacksie or some bullshit because your parents want to be unique and special. You're just giving the kid a lifetime of 'Galaxy? Your name is Galaxy. OK...' and the inevitable 'No, with a cksie'.

Americans watch basketball that isn't the NBA.

Interest here in Australian rules football and rugby league dies pretty quickly outside the AFL and NRL.

There's zero interest in second tier leagues in Aus which is a rather big different to USA or European sporting culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigFooty posters watching The Masked Singer

Never watched it but heard on the radio yesterday some of the money the 'celebrities earned':

Cant remember many of them but apparently:
- nikki webster just $10,000 - that's funny as
- brett lee $40,000
- Kate Cebrano - $70,000
- the winner on the most money (amazing co-incidence) - $200,000 (I didn't know who they were and cant remember their name)

Never watched it but heard on the radio yesterday some of the money the 'celebrities earned':

Cant remember many of them but apparently:
- nikki webster just $10,000 - that's funny as
- brett lee $40,000
- Kate Cebrano - $70,000
- the winner on the most money (amazing co-incidence) - $200,000 (I didn't know who they were and cant remember their name)

Chicago1 watched it :)

It was the best Australian show I've ever seen! Of course I didn't know who most of the singers were... but that's not important. I still think that Robot was really Prince Harry. :p

It was the best Australian show I've ever seen! Of course I didn't know who most of the singers were... but that's not important. I still think that Robot was really Prince Harry. :p

Hey man no shame here.

I cant stand ppl who hang s**t on others for something so trivial as watching a TV show. :)

Good you enjoyed it.

AUstralians are massive bandwagoners

There's zero interest in second tier leagues in Aus which is a rather big different to USA or European sporting culture.

Remember growing up in the 90s and early 00s, hearing "Australia is sports mad! And we're so good at sport!". This probably reached a crescendo with the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Then as I went through the Silent Alarms, I noticed this was flawed. People liked the sports Australians tended to win: AFL and NRL (derr), cricket, Wallabies were decent, Australians won tennis sometimes, swimming. But they were very content to ignore everything else i.e. Socceroos until 2005.

Hey man no shame here.

I cant stand ppl who hang s**t on others for something so trivial as watching a TV show. :)

Good you enjoyed it.
Thank you for sticking up for me, Shelly, if I may call you that. But... I watched it because it was the lamest show I've ever seen on TV. I like shipwrecks. I even watch Russian car crashes on YouTube and BD which is on way past my bedtime. Now, I must turn on Ch 7 for the latest Lifetime Movie... Shannen Doherty is in it!!! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back