Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Y9BpT7I.png

Yes I own the Lizzie McGuire movie :D

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's already the sex party, legalisation party, and motoring enthusiasts party, so combine them all in to a coalition of sorts?
In Canberra, we call that Summernats.
This is true and quite bizarre. People really are firmly entrenched in the two party system.
Custom, media and money. It is near impossible for a small party to get their message out, especially if they haven't defected from; or been booted by; another party (remember Pauline was initially pre-selected as a Liberal, Don Chipp was a defected Liberal).
They don't have the money, and don't get free media. Especially in Australia with a very national focus media, and all focus is on who forms government. Plus that is reported like a footy match, with Newspoll being the score, with hardly any issue analysis.

I think the tradition that "my family votes ....." is rapidly dying out, so if minors, indys, and micros can get a message out the vote may rise.
There are far ore than two views in the community, yet for some reason the vast bulk of people vote one of two ways. With preferential voting, it doesn't make sense (in FTTP it can be "strategic" to vote for the preferred main candidate).
And the fear of minority government - thanks to "party discipline" the least democratic part of our whole system is the House of Reps with a majority.

Of course not

uZg44KY.jpg

Were you like this guy and got a 2008 premiers tattoo BEFORE the grand final had been played ? :p

I was 7, my Mum would have flipped her s**t in a similar way that Marge did to Bart when he got a tattoo:

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 10.03.17 pm.png

I do wonder if he ended up getting it removed though:

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 10.06.06 pm.png

And have family members piss him off doing this:

487838.gif

(I'm pretty bored, thought I'd jazz things up with some The Simpsons screenshots)

Dec 23, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Exers
'Yeah I went to Indonesia'
'You went to Bali'
'I went to Bali but I didn't "go to Bali", it was a cultural experience'
'So you went and did yoga with other white people in a 5 star resort where the staff make $2 a day'
Minimum basic wage in Bali is $230 / month which equates to around $9 per day now (based on working 40 hours over 6 days).
Every province (over 30) have their own basic wage set every year based on cost of living in the area.
Lowest are all the provinces in java (excluding Jakarta) where they are around $160 per month, Jakarta is $400 per month which is the highest in the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
We're a pretty moderate, conservative bunch. Most people don't want the govt of the day to rock the boat too much. We'll tolerate a bit of left or right fringey nonsense but only a minority of people vote for parties on that basis.
In Australia we have mandatory voting
Make no mistake....itz the anchor from things getting 2 *******

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Just saw the line up of 'celebrities' for I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Recognised just over half and boy are they scraping the bottom of the barrel. The bloke who co-wrote Pizza, a couple of washed up politicians and Derm. Not exactly A-list talent. I'm sure Jacqui Lambie will say something dumb enough to make the mainstream news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back