Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

just saw a video on facebook of a gigantic 'burger' which consisted of 2 beef patties roughly the size of a family pizza + shitload of cheese and eggs and sauce. It was just a huge mess on a plate and clearly one of those 'challenge' burgers that burger joints feel the need to have these days.

that sort of stuff makes me cringe. that sort of excess, gluttony, and wasteage of food.
Tony Randall likes this challenge

OJ was found guilty in a court of law, just not the court of law that can put you away.

Boston Globe featured an article about Andrew Bogut with an accompanying photo of former teammate David Lee. Basically they picked the wrong tall white guy.

News article about it immediately focused on Lee posting it on Instagram and how many likes and comments it got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sports journos asking athletes non sports related questions that aren't necessary and potentially uncomfortable.

I.e. when the wife of NBA coach Gregg Popovich passed away, LeBron James was asked about it in an on court interview after the game. Not sure of the context but I saw comments from Bachar Houli RE: Christchurch. He's obviously free to weigh in of his own volition and his comments were in no way inflammatory or anything but you just know that as soon as the tragedy happened some journos would've been thinking 'he's a Muslim, let's ask him about it at the next training session'. They're a bunch of ambulance chasers.

I’m tired of everyone weighing into issues as if all opinions are equal. Sonny Bill Williams posted his ‘thoughts’ like an hour or two after the event. Other than being from New Zealand, he has no particularly special insight. Of course everyone has an opinion but why are we amplifying some that have no particular relevance and why are they so keen to broadcast it, like the world somehow needs to know the thoughts of a rugby league player on complex geopolitics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back