Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

My school was bloody strict with regards to school uniform. (Though, I don't know how strict it was before 2004. craffles?)

School uniform spanned the entirety of the student population.

For the boys, pants that looked like slacks were the main Winter go.

I remember it being fairly chill for most of my time at school. Or maybe it was just I did whatever I wanted lol. Things defintely tightened up a bit when Flett took over whenever that was.

The Silence of the Lambs is 30 years old.

I remember it being fairly chill for most of my time at school. Or maybe it was just I did whatever I wanted lol. Things defintely tightened up a bit when Flett took over whenever that was.

He took over from Kingsland as of term 1 2002.

Happy birthday for a bit over a week, now may I inquire about your mother's maiden name and the name of your first pet.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sometimes wonder if anyone has died from my year level.

I suppose odds are someone has.
Not my year, but close enough, a former housemate and a fiancée of someone else from the same share house. Both a year below when I was in year 12, both gone by 35.
From year 10 (grades 11&12 separate in Tas) one in a car crash at perhaps 20, very small rural high school so one person means about 3% of the year group.
I presume quite a few more that I don't know about. I haven't seen anyone from grade 10 for decades, and not many from year 12 - who basically only know the same group.
Welcome to the club.

Altho i found it so ******* hard, i turned 30 no probs... 35 no probs... 40 NO I DONT WANT THIS.
When I turned 40 I was going through my last divorce, dating a much younger woman and drinking way too much

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times
I ran away for my 40th, trying to hide from it. I figured by the time I got any older I wouldn't physically be able to go to Antarctica (av pic is from elephant island). I think I spend most of the actual day on a bus in Peru.

Next I have to run away for my 50th, except I don't have the energy even if borders open.

Not my year, but close enough, a former housemate and a fiancée of someone else from the same share house. Both a year below when I was in year 12, both gone by 35.
From year 10 (grades 11&12 separate in Tas) one in a car crash at perhaps 20, very small rural high school so one person means about 3% of the year group.
I presume quite a few more that I don't know about. I haven't seen anyone from grade 10 for decades, and not many from year 12 - who basically only know the same group.

I ran away for my 40th, trying to hide from it. I figured by the time I got any older I wouldn't physically be able to go to Antarctica (av pic is from elephant island). I think I spend most of the actual day on a bus in Peru.

Next I have to run away for my 50th, except I don't have the energy even if borders open.

50th

Bloody kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back