Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

My brain goes in to this infinite loop that thinks that even if it is fast/painless I'm going to be standing behind myself still feeling it. Then I try to somehow get my mind around the fact that I won't actually be conscious of the fact I'm dead. Then I get weirded out.
Think back to the time before you were born. It’ll be just like that.

I reckon Tasmania would be the best place todo that- some absolutely gorgeous places to get lost down there. And they got apples.
I'll almost certainly head home when I retire, and possibly earlier if I land a job that allows me to do so.
But its not quite running and away and hiding. If I still have fitness at all, Iceland would be a good get-away option. While I still can, if I still can.

i had a seizure and was put into an induced coma and i dont remember anything for a few weeks before it and a couple of weeks after. if i never woke up i wouldnt have known anything had happened. if dying is like that im pretty cool with it
That's what I imagine its like.

Once you pass past the pain into unconscious then it'll just be like your asleep.

Seems more peaceful thinking of it like that

I’m definitely going out with a heart attack. It’s just in the genes. There are worse ways to go I guess.

I'm waiting for the day I hear the big C word as both my parents had it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I imagine its like.

Once you pass past the pain into unconscious then it'll just be like your asleep.

Seems more peaceful thinking of it like that

Without the brain firing there won't be any dreaming. Just fade to black. I actually do hope there is an afterlife. I was in a pretty big car accident and lucky not to die. I was unconscious for a bit but, yeah, nothing.

My pop died from a heart attack mowing the lawn and my uncle from washing a car. My Dad had a big one after doing some gardening but fortunately survived. So I plan on just being lazy as I get older!

Jc was going to say.. do NOT go anywhere near the front or backyard Catfish Alley ******* hell..
And never get up on the roof, especially if you’re home alone. Neighbour of a friend came home to find the body of her husband who had fallen off the roof.

And never get up on the roof, especially if you’re home alone. Neighbour of a friend came home to find the body of her husband who had fallen off the roof.

I'd add to that do anything with power tools- a guy at my old school was doing maintenance work.. actually in our faculty office/classrooms over the holidays. He slipped, and the drill or whatever he was using, made contact with him. He was so lucky he didnt bleed out and die.

But yeah he was on his own.. someone must have come past eventually and raised the alarm.

Schools during the holidays or report writing day are very lonely places actually. Always gave me the creeps, especially after that case of the teacher being raped and murdered in a cleaners closet in NSW. Just.... there are no words. If im on my own in my office on those days, i'd lock myself in.

Without the brain firing there won't be any dreaming. Just fade to black. I actually do hope there is an afterlife. I was in a pretty big car accident and lucky not to die. I was unconscious for a bit but, yeah, nothing.

My pop died from a heart attack mowing the lawn and my uncle from washing a car. My Dad had a big one after doing some gardening but fortunately survived. So I plan on just being lazy as I get older!
I'm a bit obsessed with mowing my lawn and cleaning my car so it would s**t me to death all through an afterlife if I carked it halfway through the job. The missus would chuckle at the irony though.

Amortal?

"Unable to die from disease or age. Immortal if no physical ailment befalls you."

Saw some speculation a while back about whether the first amortals have already been born.

But I also read some time ago speculation about sapiens bodies having a theoretical maximum age. I think it was about 120?
Maybe they figure out that lobster DNA gene that regenerates tissue as new, not aged replicas like happens now, and that solves that?

Dunno. Not my bag, so talking shite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back