Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Amortal?

"Unable to die from disease or age. Immortal if no physical ailment befalls you."

Saw some speculation a while back about whether the first amortals have already been born.

But I also read some time ago speculation about sapiens bodies having a theoretical maximum age. I think it was about 120?
Maybe they figure out that lobster DNA gene that regenerates tissue as new, not aged replicas like happens now, and that solves that?

Dunno. Not my bag, so talking sh*te.
Dr Karl talked about it one day, years ago
Said it will be very possible to live to 150 or above
It will just take money, so lots of old rich people in the future sitting around watching the robots that took the poor peoples jerbs.

do you think that in a few decades they'll have bionics etc. so we'll live much longer than say, eighty?
Dr Karl talked about it one day, years ago
Said it will be very possible to live to 150 or above
It will just take money, so lots of old rich people in the future sitting around watching the robots that took the poor peoples jerbs.
They'd better work on the outside as well, prefer not to think about what you'd look like after another another 40-50 yrs lol

I'm a bit obsessed with mowing my lawn and cleaning my car so it would sh*t me to death all through an afterlife if I carked it halfway through the job. The missus would chuckle at the irony though.

Ask the Ambo's to finish for you before getting in the ambulance :p

Y'all a bunch of pussies. When I'm old I'm going to push the limits on some good prescription drugs and fine scotch until I push it too far and don't come back.

Wont be remembered for dying in your sleep, need to leave a legacy.

Y'all a bunch of pussies. When I'm old I'm going to push the limits on some good prescription drugs and fine scotch until I push it too far and don't come back.

Wont be remembered for dying in your sleep, need to leave a legacy.

You want me to remember you?
Send the dr00gs and scotch my way

What did he say? Or do?

we had just moved into my grandparents house about a month before, my grandma had just been moved into a nursing home couple days , that night about 2am we heard the sliding door open which had a distinct sound then footsteps walk into the bedroom and stopped by the side of the bed, after about 10 or 20 secs heard the footsteps walk away and the door closed

And after the funeral, i had dropped my mum at the airport, we heard laughing out the back, walked out there and not a sound, the family shows we always held out there, so its like they was welcoming my grandma home, we heard all different sounds and lights coming on, we think that was more my grandpa's dodgy wiring job when they built the house, once my grandma died, we didn't hear anything every again

we had just moved into my grandparents house about a month before, my grandma had just been moved into a nursing home couple days , that night about 2am we heard the sliding door open which had a distinct sound then footsteps walk into the bedroom and stopped by the side of the bed, after about 10 or 20 secs heard the footsteps walk away and the door closed

And after the funeral, i had dropped my mum at the airport, we heard laughing out the back, walked out there and not a sound, the family shows we always held out there, so its like they was welcoming my grandma home, we heard all different sounds and lights coming on, we think that was more my grandpa's dodgy wiring job when they built the house, once my grandma died, we didn't hear anything every again

Yeah I can believe that.

I read Daniel Morcombe's book by his parents. They said (before his body was found) they lit three candles- one each for their sons + prayed. One candle blew out. There was no wind.

Take from that what you want, but they believed in their hearts at that moment Daniel was gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having ppl over for coffee at 8am, going for a walk, then down to the beach- home about 1.30pm.

Yeah that's me done for the day, I'm stuffed.
Have a nanna nap, you’ll be invigorated. Nanna naps are unfairly stigmatised.

Reincarnation wouldn't be so bad.

Tying in these two conversations about reincarnation and wishing for an easy death...

I've pondered before... so many people have died such brutal deaths in the past - tortured to death, traumatic accidents, eaten alive by wild animals, executed in brutal public displays, Game of Thrones type s**t, etc, etc.

Imagine if reincarnation is real and there's all this suppressed trauma buried somewhere within us. Could be why so many people are so mentally messed up these day. 200,000 years of cumulative trauma that hasn't been deleted properly.

Listened to a few songs on the ABC app, backed out of the app

Looked up when the hottest 100 of 2000 was on

Monday, okiedoke

Other than Cardi B which is noise pollution and Hilltop Hoods who recorded a bit of a nothing trac) the top 10 is all a bit samey. It's not that the songs are bad as such, they just all sound like gentle background music.

Was pretty good, with a couple of exceptions. 1 and 2 are great tunes, wouldn’t have been out of place in any year. What I heard of the 100 was a bit more guitar and tune based than recent years.

Can't agree. At least with the top few. Just sounds like filler to my untrained, 1990s ears. #1 sounds like something I would expect to hear coming in at #65 in the 2000 countdown and going 'oh yeah, I remember that one'.

Other than Cardi B which is noise pollution and Hilltop Hoods who recorded a bit of a nothing trac) the top 10 is all a bit samey. It's not that the songs are bad as such, they just all sound like gentle background music.

Agreed, the crazy kids these days like such bland music. There's still a lot of stuff in the hottest hundreds the last few years I've liked, but the top picks have all been so bland.

Glass Animals are great, they would fit into any era. Heat Waves isn’t their best song is often the case, fans rally around a popular choice and also reward them for strong earlier efforts that may have been overlooked.

Booster Seat is indie pop perfection. So catchy.

Find claims of the top 10 being samey are odd. Heat Waves is nothing like Booster Seat which is nothing like Tame Impala or Cardi B or Hilltop Hoods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back