Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

These days they can access any show anytime and its easy for them to become so addicted. We try and limit them to an hr free time on it but then we can get lazy and say 'stuff it'.
My kids don't watch television, it's more regulating computer (and YouTube) time. I generally limit the time and only after they've done self-development activities (e.g. music practice, language practice).

I try and build healthy habits rather than go cold turkey.

Wide World of Sports on Saturday afternoon was my jam, covered just about everything (including horse racing, bowling and many other obscure sports).
then you flicked over to the Wrestling on 9
had lunch and then the gladiator movies started then dinner then Disneyland on 7 and the block buster Sunday night movie on 7 9 or 10

There was this famous Aunty Jack episode which changed from black and white to colour when colour tv arrived here.

I was too young to remember it though and most people here probably didn't have a colour tv then to appreciate it.

There's some really cool technology around colorisation of old footage. This is from the 1890s.

Woke up at 5 AM to my calf spasming
I thought it was going to rip off the bone

Massage gun, voltaren and a few pandols alls good.

I thought it was going to rip off the bone

Massage gun, voltaren and a few pandols alls good.

speaking of calf muscles, only a recent thing ive noticed - if i sit with my leg crossed (ankle on the other knee)and look at my calf , it continually twitches. Really small twitches but i find it cool to look at.. Id never noticed it before.

Omg that is bad. Happened to me once- my bf at the time was in bed with me. I legit just started screaming, he came to my aide.

The other time I got bad cramps was when I was swimming- up at staff retreat in Marysville. A workmate had to help me out my foot + lower leg was just going mental, was in so much pain.

Omg that is bad. Happened to me once- my bf at the time was in bed with me. I legit just started screaming, he came to my aide.

The other time I got bad cramps was when I was swimming- up at staff retreat in Marysville. A workmate had to help me out my foot + lower leg was just going mental, was in so much pain.
Its not a great way to wake up

Its come good, its happend a few times the last few years,probably just tired from climbing scaffold that Im not used too ????

Its not a great way to wake up

Its come good, its happend a few times the last few years,probably just tired from climbing scaffold that Im not used too ????

Dont they say if you get cramps you dont have enough salt in your diet.

Am assuming thats just an old wives tale.

Honestly i would not know- i get cramps rarely- and just those two times, badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont they say if you get cramps you dont have enough salt in your diet.

Am assuming thats just an old wives tale.

Honestly i would not know- i get cramps rarely- and just those two times, badly.
I have been sweating heaps, humid and painting so probably a factor.
I dont use a lot of salt in my cooking

I have been sweating heaps, humid and painting so probably a factor.
I dont use a lot of salt in my cooking

Not that I cook alot of dishes that requires salt- but I've had the same salt shaker still I bought 3 years ago when I moved into this place.

I had a local friend who was having heart palpitations they eventually worked out he wasnt getting enough ... I think it was magnesium ???, because he was drinking tank water.
So he started drinking mineral water and it sorted itself out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back