Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Messi and Zidane got to be in there somewhere. I like Schmeichel as the keeper but maybe because my memory of him is clearer. Platini, Figo? So many fantastic players, I liked all the old division one players from The Big Match days, being a Chelsea fan guys like John Hollins, Peter Osgood, Ray Wilkins, David Hay, Peter Bonetti.
lol how did I forget Messi!

I dunno, you've been around a while so it's incredibly tough to narrow down eleven players from who you've seen. Platini is interchangeable with Zico I guess. One of those either/or players. Zidane too. Figo is the best natural winger I've seen but he wouldn't belong in that team (for me).

Of players I've seen

Buffon
Thuram Nesta Cannavaro Maldini
Zidane Vieira
Messi----Ronaldinho-----CR7
R9
Pains me to leave out Henry, Bergkamp, Baggio (past his prime when I started following but still dominated at Brescia). Ronaldinho I am a bit iffy on, though his best was exceptional and he was unplayable. Pirlo, Iniesta, Rivaldo, Cafu, Stam, Puyol or worthy mentions too. Figo another. Scholes.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/alternative/sumo-20th-anniversary-edition/645861/

249069-L-LO.jpg

Grand dad, tell us a. acccccloop
what footy was like.

You know, back in the good old days.
My 2002 self to my 2018 self, "WTF do you mean we haven't won a final for 14 years?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand dad, tell us what footy was like.

You know, back in the good old days.
We used to listen to it on the wireless if the horse was too tired to take us to the game. It'd save us a florin in hay. But when we did make it for a game we could always look forward to a good blue. These robotic athletes these days have no flair or skill, couldn't place kick or flat punt to save their lives. What they need is a bloody good world war, that'll stiffen them up. Young'uns are soft these days I tell ya.

We used to listen to it on the wireless if the horse was too tired to take us to the game. It'd save us a florin in hay. But when we did make it for a game we could always look forward to a good blue. These robotic athletes these days have no flair or skill, couldn't place kick or flat punt to save their lives. What they need is a bloody good world war, that'll stiffen them up. Young'uns are soft these days I tell ya.
Don’t forget the onions we used to wear on our belts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back