Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Amanda Keller did do another similar show 3-4 years ago. Can't recall the name. I think it was beyond something?
I thought Amanda Keller was in the late episodes of the original Beyond 2000, but my ancient memory may be fading me. I'm still waiting for the damn flying cars that show promised! :mad:

I swear there is large segment of people in the 20-25 age range now who have seemingly no knowledge or awareness of anything that existed before they were born, or even before high school age.

When I was a kid in the '90s, I had the TV or radio going on all the time, or I was reading about or being told about something by my parents. The generation after had the Internet to grow up with as well, yet somehow they're less knowledgeable about the world around them than ever. I mean, you don't need to be a history buff or be living in the past, but some 20-somethings appear like the world just got turned on in 2005, and that nothing came before it. I'm not even 30 until next year, but it makes me feel old.

All generations would have had airheads like that, you probably just didn't associate with them personally.

There was also a tv show in the 80s called Towards 2000 which then got changed to Beyond 2000, if it was still around now it would need to be Beyond 2050.

I remember it well, was my favourite show.

Interestingly the same production company made Mythbusters (also a favourite). Which was first released 15 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are Freo and Port fans posting on this site who don't know an AFL without Freo or Port.
When the new Oval opened up I went to my first footy match since the merger game of 1996, and by chance it was Port v. Brisbane, neither club existing in it's present form last time I'd gone to the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back