Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

When I was younger I dreamed of having a 2 story house with a pool.

Now I would skip past anything like that... stairs can get stuffed and a pool is a huge wallet drainer.

Single story, low maintenance yard. Simples.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

had one recently. the stuff you take to clear you out is ghastly.

Do you basically wake up on the toilet and go to sleep on the toilet basically writing off a whole day?

What do they call the process of clearing nasties from anything?
Irrigation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Candace Cameron Bure - DJ Tanner from Full House - has two adult children, and another aged 17.

When I first heard the Prince song 'Party Like It's 1999' in the mid 1980s this year seemed so far into the future that it felt like we would never reach it. Now, the year 1999 is 20 years in the past and Prince has been dead for a number of years.

The year 1994 is halfway between the year of the moon landings (1969) and the present day.

Candace Cameron Bure - DJ Tanner from Full House - has two adult children, and another aged 17.

When I first heard the Prince song 'Party Like It's 1999' in the mid 1980s this year seemed so far into the future that it felt like we would never reach it. Now, the year 1999 is 20 years in the past and Prince has been dead for a number of years.

The year 1994 is halfway between the year of the moon landings (1969) and the present day.
People spoke of "the year 2000" which always made it sound far grander than it actually was.

Stuff you take for colonoscopy is the worst thing I've ever had to do and life hasn't always been easy. On the toilet for about 16 hours straight. In the last few hours I was actually pooing my stomach acid and lining according to the nurse doing my pre-op and it was burning worse than any hot meal leaving the body.

She said I might have been over prescribed the dosage required leading to a bit of an extreme effect. No s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colonoscopy I had was a bit of a ******* waste of time. Had work until 9.30pm the night before, and wasn't a job where I could sit quietly near a toilet and no one would notice, so didn't drink the stuff until then.

I’m feeling done with corporate life. I recently finished a contract and am honestly loving being a stay at home Dad these past few weeks. Doing reading in the morning and tagging along to field trips has been great. Even my wife is about to land a job closer to home because just wasting time commuting and doing something unenjoyable seems a waste.

She’s happy with her move. Unfortunately, a single income for years and years is not really feasible. So in a bit of a mid-life crisis. Ideally I’d love our own business but property is so expensive. Thinking just a similar field but close to home. Not sure if the right thread but just venting.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back