Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got to pick but then it was pot luck if classes were full and you got what you were given

I think because I was such a s**t at school that I was never given classes that I wanted and hence why I ended up doing crap electives

In primary school, I was so far ahead of everyone else, teachers had to give me different work to keep me interested. There was one subject in Year 7 where the teacher said "create your own maths quiz because everything I give you, you find easy". Mum and Dad tried to accelerate me a year level, to no avail due to school policy.

It was more challenging once I got to high school, and by Year 12, I was on a similar level to most students.

I thrived on being challenged and if I wasn't challenged, I wouldn't complete the work because I didn't deem it important.

My school reports throughout school said that I was a gifted student; intelligent, witty, athletically proficient and popular with my peers. However my teachers lamented that I questioned authority, always wanted things done on my terms, constantly argued with teachers regarding normative standards in educational processes, and emphasised that I could be very stubborn and steadfast with regards to my opinions, which could be problematic in the future.

F*cking pricks, the lot of them.

Last edited:
We got to pick but then it was pot luck if classes were full and you got what you were given

I think because I was such a s**t at school that I was never given classes that I wanted and hence why I ended up doing crap electives

If u missed out was it TS for you then?

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dropped maths and all sciences as soon as I could
Likewise, x was hard enough to find, then wanted me to find y, and z as well, which wasn't going to happen, and to top it all off they told me some of these numbers weren't even real. WHY HAVE YOU HAD ME LOOKING FOR ALL THESE NUMBERS IF THEY'RE NOT EVEN REAL!!!!!
I struggled less with my sexuality in my teens than I did maths.

Last edited:
Our school did all (or most) of the elective classes in yeah 7 and 8, a semester of each. Then we could chose from those (and I think they added more in between year 8 and 9 in my year) to do more advanced versions of them for that year.

Likewise, x was hard enough to find, then wanted me to find y, and z as well, which wasn't going to happen, and to top it all off they told me some of these numbers weren't even real. WHY HAVE YOU HAD ME LOOKING FOR ALL THESE NUMBERS IF THEY'RE NOT EVEN REAL!!!!!
I struggled less with my sexuality in my teens than I did maths.
This was pretty much the standard answer I would give for any Algebra test.

6fa2b37c7165c9cdc061b6b1f599f543.jpg

Woodwork and Art were s**t for me as well. English, History, Geography and Drama were my best ones. Science depended on the topic, I was good at Bio, ok at Chem but s**t at Physics.

I would have liked a bit more choice when I was at school, the subjects offered hadn't changed much since the 50s, and the only difference was the teaching method, and we had calculators. Nowadays the range of subjects on offer is amazing.

I find them strange to say the least.

Apparently 'Pop Culture'is a subject these days WTF!!

I loved physics.

I was a really bad student, I barely turned up, I didn't do homework.

Our grade 11 physics teacher decided the class had a good grasp of the material he was teaching so hit us with a particularly brutal exam. Good guy, had a PHD in physics very young at the time. I'm sure he moved on to bigger and better things.

4 people passed. (Over 50%). I was one of them. I'd say it's a mixture of liking the subject and liking the person teaching it.

I found his Linkedin, apparently he only taught for 2 years at that high school then went on to lecture and Monash and then moved on from there, interesting. Now he teaches graduates haha, no snotty high school students being naughty and skipping classes. Lets just say the guys I hung out with in that class weren't the best at staying focused haha :D

Law seems like a good choice then. Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, I do enjoy it.

I'm able to work and think independently, and I enjoy the relationships with my clients. Mergers and Acquisitions can be really challenging, but coming up with solutions to make all parties happy is a rewarding aspect of my job. Plus the perks and career advancement/development is pretty good too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back