Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Socceroos making the WC pleases me for a number of reasons:
- we made it
- it was logistically very tough on the players (some opponents were weak and we did make it hard not capitalising in games)
- it wasn't stressful like other WC qualifiers (i.e. vs Syria a few weeks ago)
- we got lucky with the scoreline after being unlucky in the first leg. Both penalties and the free kick were pretty obvious though.
- Jedinak is back. He missed plenty of games through injury and was becoming a bit forgotten about. A hat trick from a guy who rarely ever scores other than penalties and free kicks is great.
- everyone who potted Postecoglou gets to eat a dick (hai Robbie Slater)

- we made it
- it was logistically very tough on the players (some opponents were weak and we did make it hard not capitalising in games)
- we got lucky with the scoreline after being unlucky in the first leg. Both penalties and the free kick were pretty obvious though.
- Jedinak is back. He missed plenty of games through injury and was becoming a bit forgotten about. A hat trick from a guy who rarely ever scores other than penalties and free kicks is great.
What?
-We barely made it
-The players made it tough on themselves by being inept finishers
Ange is still s**t. We have improved with him at the helm at all. Robbie Slater is a knob, but he's not wrong about Ange.

Yeah ill apologize if i cant exactly get it up for the socceroos

I will of course be an expert on soccer when the wc actually comes around ;)
Err what would you be 'getting up' exactly? :eek:

I find it very difficult to get interested in one of the most corrupt sporting events in the world especially after how we were knocked out of the last one which just proves what a load of bullshit it is and that we're always going to be in the 'making up the numbers' echelon. That people think they'd ever let us near the final is hilarious. There's just not enough money to be made in Australia winning it. /cynical /rant

- we made it

You forgot the most important bit

The cheating, diving Italians missed qualifying

What?
-We barely made it
-The players made it tough on themselves by being inept finishers
Ange is still s**t. We have improved with him at the helm at all. Robbie Slater is a knob, but he's not wrong about Ange.

We still made it. Italy didn't. Netherlands didn't. USA didn't. Chile didn't.

People are quick to forget the whole 32 years of not making it thing.

You forgot the most important bit

The cheating, diving Italians missed qualifying

You could say that about most teams/players tho.

I tuned in last night- straight away there was some dickhead rolling around on the ground in "agony". I sighed and changed the channel.

You could say that about most teams/players tho.

I tuned in last night- straight away there was some dickhead rolling around on the ground in "agony". I sighed and changed the channel.

This impacted Australia directly - hence the glee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still made it. Italy didn't. Netherlands didn't. USA didn't. Chile didn't.

People are quick to forget the whole 32 years of not making it thing.
That piss poor consolation goal made me very thankful Mile never missed a penalty...

We shouldn't have needed to wait so long to qualify. That's the only thing I took out of the entire campaign. Raining on a parade I know but goddamn we've regressed.

Right. In a sad attempt to get back on topic, I'm actually very grateful that American sports are happening right now. Plethora of Aussies in NBA (and hello Josh Bolden in Israel for the time being), Adam Gotsis in NFL, Nathan Walker in NHL. Good stuff.

Im going to get to fly in a private jet on the 30th of December. My Boss and his family are coming for xmas, but leaving for Germany to spend New Years which causes problems for their 2 cockapoos, who only, ONLY fly private. Wife and I will have to chaperone them back to London on his jet. What a way to end the year!

Im going to get to fly in a private jet on the 30th of December. My Boss and his family are coming for xmas, but leaving for Germany to spend New Years which causes problems for their 2 cockapoos, who only, ONLY fly private. Wife and I will have to chaperone them back to London on his jet. What a way to end the year!

Cool. Isit the Ted Danson plane?

Dont know what that is to be honest.

70e846f92231fc59d84f836ca69d5393--seinfeld-ted.jpg

Ben Simmons pwning Lonzo Ball pleases me.

I'm sure Lonzo Ball is actually likeable without Damir around, though.
Would it kill Ben Simmons to at least try to fake an aussie accent? It was still there in college but its just about all gone now

Would it kill Ben Simmons to at least try to fake an aussie accent? It was still there in college but its just about all gone now

I'm putting it out there that at the next Olympics he embraces his dual citizenship and dons the American colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back