Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
As much as I love Aussie Muscle Cars and some Yanky ones, I also love hideously 80s sports cars with the pop up lights and targa tops and dash designs from Star Trek.

Hawk Dork

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Hard roof panels you can just slide in or out, think Smokey and the Bandit
I had a t roof like smokey and the bandit
It was nice, but bloody inconvenient, you had to stop get out take 2 parts of the roof off and then work out where to put them and hope it didnt rain unexpectedly

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Devon Shields **** Yes
Its usually to hot to go top down in Australia and irritatingly windy
Easiest was a sunroof in the Honda.
Press button open and close in seconds
Really nice on a warm night
You need to be doing no more than 70 or 80 though imo or it becomes too noisy. Drove home from dinner last night down the freeway with the sunroof open and wished I hadn't. My weekender is a convertible though and you're right you really do have to pick your days carefully to go top down. Low to mid twenties with a light breeze so you don't start roasting at stops is perfect imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shell

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #9,887
i drove a convertible from LA to Vegas, lasted about 30 mins, couldn't hear the radio, too windy and i was started to fry
Surely being in the front seat would be ok? More protection from the windscreen.. plus hat and sunscreen :p

But idk ive only ever been in a convertible that one time

mattyb2607

Shoot straight, you bastards.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg, Adelaide Bite
Surely being in the front seat would be ok? More protection from the windscreen.. plus hat and sunscreen :p

But idk ive only ever been in a convertible that one time
at normal speed it was OK, high speed, i wasn't a fan

i didn't think it would be that hot at 8am, i just pulled over and put the top up :p

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Porsche 911 is what you want if you want a classic car that is enjoyable to drive on twisty roads.
We have a Merc SL500 convertible for that. The Mustang just caught my eye as it was my favorite car as a kid and seemed reasonably cheap, but as others have posted it's probably not the ideal car around here and would drive like a boat. In fact I'd probably rather spend that on a boat.

AFL Club
Adelaide
We have a Merc SL500 convertible for that. The Mustang just caught my eye as it was my favorite car as a kid and seemed reasonably cheap, but as others have posted it's probably not the ideal car around here and would drive like a boat. In fact I'd probably rather spend that on a boat.
Yeah and you want something as original as you can get otherwise it's kind of pointless spending big money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom