Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My offspring is on his yr 9 camp too.
Our year 7s got shipped off to camp in term 1 so that we could 'bond' early. Except mine was in term 3 because the first 2 classes got sent home early - who would have thought putting 12 year olds in a Melbourne backpackers was a bad idea? So we got a shitty replacement camp at the local campsite.

Our year 7s got shipped off to camp in term 1 so that we could 'bond' early. Except mine was in term 3 because the first 2 classes got sent home early - who would have thought putting 12 year olds in a Melbourne backpackers was a bad idea? So we got a shitty replacement camp at the local campsite.
Harsh.

My Yr7 camp was in the city in like the third week of school. Was meant to be so we could bond and s**t like that.
And my Yr8 camp was at the end of the school year (November, IIRC), just as we where all about to graduate and leave for new schools.*

*I went to a P-Yr8 school for Yr7 and Yr8. Which mean we all had to find new schools. The school, now, no longer offers Yr7 and Yr8.

Idk dales.girl38 probably around here they don't want to interrupt the precious little Year 7s learning and adjustment to high school at the start of the year. Plus they have something like x13 Year 8, 9 and 10 camps/retreats to get through (they go as individual classes- year 7 camps are done in 1 week) + Year 11 and 12 retreat days too.

Tbh Year 8 camp is more a bonding, touchy/feely type camp that's where they bond. Year 7 they do stuff like snorkelling and giant swing.

I haven't been since the 70's - no fresh water, no sealed roads - best time ever. Feeding the Dolphins and swimming so close to them was surreal
Between there and Lucky Bay I had the time of my life and built some amazing memories - I suppose it's quite touristy now
Was packed with tourists but usually it's OK,you don't have to go far to find a stretch of beach for yourself

memories of school camp....there was always one teacher who was a prick (male or female). mean.

at the tender age of 11 arriving in england for a two year stay i was advised on day 1 at new school that the class was going on school camp. yay! where to? belgium, holland, luxembourg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always makes me laugh this, usually happens in some form of sales transaction:

Person A: "Hello"
Person B: "Good thanks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back