Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the deal is with this photo shoot gift thing is. I got one as a christmas gift from Mazda because I bought a new car this year. Something like $1800 of value.

You should have a letter outlining everything thats included.

I got the shoot, follow up consultation (picking the pics) + 1 print.

Any extra, like i said above it costs $400 and the prices just go up from that. I highly doubt I'll purchase anything else.

You should have a letter outlining everything thats included.

I got the shoot, follow up consultation (picking the pics) + 1 print.

Any extra, like i said above it costs $400 and the prices just go up from that. I highly doubt I'll purchase anything else.
I took a quick read when I got it, I originally thought it was just some expensive advertising as it came in a nice box and everything just for a bit of paper about a photo shoot. I'll find it and give it a read when I get home.

I took a quick read when I got it, I originally thought it was just some expensive advertising as it came in a nice box and everything just for a bit of paper about a photo shoot. I'll find it and give it a read when I get home.

Yep same.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Who- the estate agent or the photographer?

Both tho.

Latter had 16 years experience- 6+ years OS shooting fashion shoots. I asked him wtf was he doing back in Melbourne then :tearsofjoy:
Agent.

Just a very weird gift.

Wonder what the deal is with this photo shoot gift thing is. I got one as a christmas gift from Mazda because I bought a new car this year. Something like $1800 of value.
It's good for you though, could do one with your kids etc

It's good for you though, could do one with your kids etc
Yeah definitely not going to complain about it. Only got a family shot done recently, so maybe when I finally gather the courage to shave my head and the shitty beard we can get it done so we have up to date pics of everyone.

a mate of mine just confided in me that he's applied to be on the batchelor. i'm now trying to think of a delicate way I can bring this up in a group format :D

Maybe it's the latest thing then. Never heard of it before. I'd be shat if I got that. Just give me the same value in alcohol pls.

Maybe it's the latest thing then. Never heard of it before. I'd be shat if I got that. Just give me the same value in alcohol pls.
Haha yeah that would have been nice. Honestly I wasn't expecting anything at all though, I had already got a gift when I bought the car, didn't expect one for Christmas too.

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My mum got one from Hyundai as well, think she gave it to my brother and his girlfriend.

Everything was covered up by arms and/or hair.

I only get to pick one shot, any extras cost $400+ plus like GTFO mate. (not you, them lol)

extras cost extra!

All good.

It was a closed set haha.

Srsly tho it was a great experience- when I got the gift (from the real estate agent) my first thought was to throw it out (hate getting my photo taken tbh) THEN i offered it to family (said no, already had it done), then thought **** it may as well do it.

will you be showing these to anyone?

a mate of mine just confided in me that he's applied to be on the batchelor. i'm now trying to think of a delicate way I can bring this up in a group format :D

And a friend of my daughters has been approached to apply for the next show

She was pretty dubious but rang the studio to verify the details that she had been provided with and they were legit. Apparently they go through the fb friends of previous applicants looking for suitable candidates to add to the pool.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Don't know whether to be pleased about this...

I have a 8:30pm flight to Bangkok tonight. It means I'll get a decent amount of sleep on the flight but I'll arrive in Bangkok at 2am :/
Transfer to your hotel go to sleep or tuk tuk to the local pub its all win

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Neighbour just got the chainsaw out cleared all the wattle on the boundary and took down a few gums that block my view and gutters
He then bought round his back hoe and cleared all my snake habitat ,heaps of palm fronds.
He is going to take it all away for free,he has trucks and machines and a 40 acre block to dump it on, so Im dumpng all my stuff there .........great next couple of days

How hot is he 1-10?

And good luck they get celebs n past contestants now so he'll be up against it.
similar to me I reckon. probably a 5/10

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
getting a daily visit of one of these on the veranda for the last week or so

iu