Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its usually to hot to go top down in Australia and irritatingly windy
Easiest was a sunroof in the Honda.
Press button open and close in seconds
Really nice on a warm night

As much as I love Aussie Muscle Cars and some Yanky ones, I also love hideously 80s sports cars with the pop up lights and targa tops and dash designs from Star Trek.

Hard roof panels you can just slide in or out, think Smokey and the Bandit
I had a t roof like smokey and the bandit
It was nice, but bloody inconvenient, you had to stop get out take 2 parts of the roof off and then work out where to put them and hope it didnt rain unexpectedly

Its usually to hot to go top down in Australia and irritatingly windy
Easiest was a sunroof in the Honda.
Press button open and close in seconds
Really nice on a warm night
You need to be doing no more than 70 or 80 though imo or it becomes too noisy. Drove home from dinner last night down the freeway with the sunroof open and wished I hadn't. My weekender is a convertible though and you're right you really do have to pick your days carefully to go top down. Low to mid twenties with a light breeze so you don't start roasting at stops is perfect imo.

i drove a convertible from LA to Vegas, lasted about 30 mins, couldn't hear the radio, too windy and i was started to fry

Surely being in the front seat would be ok? More protection from the windscreen.. plus hat and sunscreen :p

But idk ive only ever been in a convertible that one time

Surely being in the front seat would be ok? More protection from the windscreen.. plus hat and sunscreen :p

But idk ive only ever been in a convertible that one time

at normal speed it was OK, high speed, i wasn't a fan

i didn't think it would be that hot at 8am, i just pulled over and put the top up :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Porsche 911 is what you want if you want a classic car that is enjoyable to drive on twisty roads.

We have a Merc SL500 convertible for that. The Mustang just caught my eye as it was my favorite car as a kid and seemed reasonably cheap, but as others have posted it's probably not the ideal car around here and would drive like a boat. In fact I'd probably rather spend that on a boat.

We have a Merc SL500 convertible for that. The Mustang just caught my eye as it was my favorite car as a kid and seemed reasonably cheap, but as others have posted it's probably not the ideal car around here and would drive like a boat. In fact I'd probably rather spend that on a boat.
Yeah and you want something as original as you can get otherwise it's kind of pointless spending big money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back