Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from about 5 hours of the recent test series against NZ, I haven't watched TV at all for about 3 weeks.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I have it on in the background a lot but I very rarely actually sit down and watch it.

It is you take out a new loan. There is no requirement to keep it going as far as I am aware.

It IS a requirement of the loan contract, there just isn't any accountability or regular check for current coverage.

Just like you should tell your lender if you change jobs, financial or family situation or especially move out of the property and convert it to an investment.

Many people don't, and if caught are not punished for failing the terms of the contract, in the case of investment property just having their rate raised as of the date of discovery.

After the Townsville floods my friends insurance was nearly 4K - she works in aged care, paying a mortgage and is a single mum so it makes for a tight existence. It’s quite easy to sit in judgement of people when you’ve never walked in their shoes
I'd pay it before a lot of other 'expenses', especially in such an area that it has past history

I get it, my mum was a single mum working three jobs to support me plus her own sister and her three kids. If our house burnt down or if we had a car accident we’d have been f’ed. I don’t know what the solution is.

It’s like any business, profit and shareholders first unfortunately, people are way down the list.

I would say that even if you are insured they would be looking at every possible loophole to minimise the payout.

I recall Scott Pape talking about the insurance company wanting to pay him out in instalments when their farm was destroyed in the last lot of fires. He refused and said he wanted the total amount he was insured for in one payout - said it was a battle initially but he got his way. I didn’t even realise they held your payouts and paid them as if they were a bank supporting you through the build

Insurance companies should of been included in the banking royal commission

I'd pay it before a lot of other 'expenses', especially in such an area that it has past history

what sort of expenses would you drop out of curiosity

If you've got a mortgage the bank gets paid first too.
You're effectively paying the insurance on their asset.
That's one of the things that kills people.

You've got to insure for the amount owing on your mortgage plus the rebuild costs and replacement costs for your contents.

Also the clean up costs to get your block ready to rebuild on.

It's part of why most people are underinsured. They don't help you work out what you actually need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a house rule in 500 for while that closed misère was banned. Only open was allowed. I believe that variation is pretty common as kids are in that intermediate stage of learning the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back