Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the weather bureau says you only got 1 to 5 mill of rain and you know your tanks are nearly overflowing after nearly 2 whole days of torrential rains.

This is why the IPA want a RC into the Bureau of Meteorology

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
This is why the IPA want a RC into the Bureau of Meteorology
lol yeh

The weather station is about 10 minutes down the road and they probably only got 1 to 5 mill, there is a massive differences over relative short distances here.
We have been hammered in a very very good way,I just emptied a totally full wheel barrow of water suggest we may have got 100 mm or close too.

I need to set up a little amateur weather station and provide input for town.

Down side is the water has wet the soil around my shade sail posts and it has moved creating a parachute .I need to sort that out when the wind slows down in a few days

I just got off a 10hr train trip from Zagreb to Innsbruck. Had a sleeping berth but didn't really get much sleep as the train arrived at 4:30, so woke up every half hour to make sure I didn't sleep through Innsbruck. Now sitting at Innsbruck station waiting for the place to wake up.
I loved Innsbruck, just as you walk out of the station and see a small town nestled between the alps.

Posted this elsewhere but yesterday at work, I looked after a young girl named Matilda. Her mother then confirmed that she was named after the Roald Dahl character and added that her newborn sister is Hermione . Made my morning :) .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think you mean "Boston, you were a treat. Here I come NYC! #Herecomestrouble #howsyourTuesday #wanderlust #fromwhereyoudratherbe"
Ha, my man!

Boston was fantastic. If you go to the States, get to Boston. FYI, we received a free meal from our hotel, and a round of drinks from the restaurant there. AND chocolate coated strawberries.

AND the hotel in NYC gave us two mini bottles of champagne.

View from hotel - 28 floors up

1555982478949.png

1555982434245.png

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
lol yeh

The weather station is about 10 minutes down the road and they probably only got 1 to 5 mill, there is a massive differences over relative short distances here.
We have been hammered in a very very good way,I just emptied a totally full wheel barrow of water suggest we may have got 100 mm or close too.

I need to set up a little amateur weather station and provide input for town.

Down side is the water has wet the soil around my shade sail posts and it has moved creating a parachute .I need to sort that out when the wind slows down in a few days
Talked to my organic veg farmer mate today, he only got 20 mill
10 minutes behind me.

filled up my near empty car today for $1.28 a litre :thumbsu:

And I was just gobsmacked driving past a servo that had it for 1.63 and less than a km later another servo had it for 1.35 - totally weird

And I was just gobsmacked driving past a servo that had it for 1.63 and less than a km later another servo had it for 1.35 - totally weird
wait its going up again??

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants

I've seen that a bit recently aswell, and they probably wonder why they are quiet when its 30 cents cheaper down the road and they are busy

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
year 5 student today was introduced to algebra, and upon finding out what a 'y' was doing in a maths equation said "they've turned english into maths, and I don't like it" Me neither m8 :(
There used to be an awesome tv show on Nickelodean called Pete & Pete. They did an awesome episode about algebra. See if you can find it online because it was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back