Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife used to travel regularly with her job OS and interstate
I would just go on magical mystery tours with her company car with my mate when she was gone ...free petrol
I would tell my clients I was busy for a week or so

I'm posting this looking at Big Footy on a sexy new curved 240Hz monitor that looks AMAZING!

But because I didn't read product descriptions properly and ordered the wrong adapter, I'm not looking at Big Footy on two sexy new curved 240Hz monitors. Correct part might not arrive for two weeks.

I am a dumbarse! 🤦‍♂️

edit: this a first world problem

Correct part arrived quickly. And better yet, it works!

So now I have two, ah ha ha, two sexy curved 240Hz monitors, ah ha ha

I looked at those and prefer my 46" Sony with a 23" Acer off to the side. How big is the border? Are you going to do immersive gaming?

Nah, no immersive gaming (not unless you count Rise of Nations or Prison Architect as immersive). My old primary was slowly shitting itself and I was just looking for basically like for like. But given my "off to the side" monitor was an ancient 19" Dell ultrasharp I figured I'd buy 2 the same, at the same time. And the 27" Samsungs were on sale.
They're a "bezel less" design, but it looks like it stops rendering about 6mm from the screen edge. There might be a setting for that, but I'm not fussed.
My 3rd monitor is still a 32" Samsung TV that I've extended the desktop to, mainly to make it easier to play Kayo on or use VLC for a file Plex is having a sook about.

My desk isn't big enough I don't think for monitors much bigger. Plus for tech tinkering, I tend to prefer multiple smaller than a super-monitor. One screen focussed on what I'm working on - Visual Studio or whatever, then other with supporting windows - powershell, docker terminal, Azure Portal / Devops, RDP, etc.

Anyway - there are more flash rigs getting around than mine - but it is such a step up from what I had so I'm very happy! :D

Just went to the tip trying to clean up the house for the curtain guy

So much stuff has been recycled or left to charity at the tip shop so much more to go

I love seeing more floor space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I put on half a pound just looking at the picture...

I don't know which one I would have. They all look so yummy

All baked on site and all equally good

Place has a cafe, Lolly shop, pub and gym as well

All good although I’ve never tried the gym tbh 😆

Lemon slice was one of my mums great slices she made. Love making it for reminiscing purposes - and its easy to make as well.

My mum's hedgehog slice is the best jerry, the best!!

I should definitely get the recipe and also one for lemon slice, make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back